Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Patch antenna - still not working?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I know that there is a thread in which we got into detail about the sense/nonsense of using the patch antenna that comes with your cendence RC. But this thread got stuck somewhere in the beginning of 2018.

That's why I wanted to see if any new development came up in the case of that miserable piece of equipment: I received mine just 8 weeks ago and have tried everything ever since to get it to work with my I2. The result is really, really disappointing. Losing track/image/all communication just after 300ft/100m. In the middle of mother nature, direct view.

Has anyone any news??? Or are you all using your standard antennas instead? It would be such a pity if these patch-things stay what they are now: worthless.

Hoping for positive answers... Oliver

Yeah I’d like to know what to do with mine...
I only flew with my patch a few times, as in my type of work I feel more comfortable with omni sticks knowing that I can turn away with my Cendence for a few seconds if I need to look around, and not to worry about loosing RF signal. The farthest I flew was about 250m and signal was strong and video solid. So, I assume mine works fine. I bought my Cendence in December 2017.

Last edited:
my patch works very well. Have never had any issues with signal. Have you tried refreshing cendence firmware with patch connected?

You'll need to send it back to DJI, they sent us back a new replacement which works properly.

There is one another aspect of the patch which makes me to use Omni most of the time. And that is its weight. Cendence when loaded with CS seems about at the limit for what I would call comfortable to hold without shoulder or neck brace. With Patch it is just too heavy and big. So, I only use patch when there is a strong case for it. Otherwise I am on Omni.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters