Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Performance drop with FW updates.. Inspire needs a High Performance Mod..

Reaction score
Updating the inspire FW comes at a cost... the top speed, exceleration, climb rate etc of the inspire has all been affected... besides having old FW is there a way round this ?... if you would also like to have the original performance back.... please comment on this post.... DJI need to make a high performance mode available for the inspire .... do you agree ?

It all depends on what you use your inspire for... if its just for every day type video and photo's no problem with the latest FW updates..but.. the inspire was originally sold as a high performance camera platform ... and that performance has been reduced ... by all means reduce the performance but also give the pilot the option to choose ... its speed ,exceleration, climb rate,etc ...in my opinion should be being exploited and not cut back... i video fast moving subjects a lot.... before the updates i was able to catch and pass them... now i find it hard to keep up... the inspire is capable of being in a league of its own when it comes to performance .... it makes no sense to cut it back....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bozz
Totally agree with you Steven! A lot of jobs require us to film high speed action such as boats and motorcycles. It should be up to the pilot to decide how fast he/she goes, not DJI. I'm sure they have "a reason" for reducing performance, but for those of us who need the speed, I too would like to see a performance mod of some sort.

It all depends on what you use your inspire for... if its just for every day type video and photo's no problem with the latest FW updates..but.. the inspire was originally sold as a high performance camera platform ... and that performance has been reduced ... by all means reduce the performance but also give the pilot the option to choose ... its speed ,exceleration, climb rate,etc ...in my opinion should be being exploited and not cut back... i video fast moving subjects a lot.... before the updates i was able to catch and pass them... now i find it hard to keep up... the inspire is capable of being in a league of its own when it comes to performance .... it makes no sense to cut it back....

Do you get any of that performance back when flying in ATTI mode?

There is a increase in performance using ATTI mode but that has been cut as well.... the inspire is a performance machine and many owners bought the inspire on the specs when it was first released... by down grading its performance...( DJI are making owners not want to update the FW )... to get over this why cant DJI give the inspire a high performance mode, like they did with the P4... I am sure it would be in their interest to do so... imagine a mode you could switch to that would let the inspire fly to it full potential... it would be awesome... and i am sure it would be a hit with the inspire owners... the more people that get behind this the better chance we will have for DJI to do something about it.... so if you want the performance say something....

Last edited:
The editor is making inquiries about FW down/backgrades over on this thread: Rolling back FW on R/C

It's all very disappointing -- these things affect me less since I'm primarily a still photographer, and work wise I'm using this for mapping as much as anything. Poorer performance/speed will certainly affect stability in wind, but not be as devastating as it would be to you with those great maneuvers shooting video.

My little company is looking at adding another drone to the fleet, and right now Inspires are making me feel pretty uneasy. I'd hoped to stay with a RTF platform, but more and more it's looking like custom will be the way to go.

I have installed the latest firmware a few days ago and I have not seen any whatsoever decrease in range and performance I flew 3 miles (at the farthest point) this afternoon AGAIN and still had full signal and top speed was still over 60mph. How do we know for sure that there is a drop in performance with the new firmware? I just don't see it . I know some people say they are experiencing lower performance but if we all did the same update everyone should be affected .

ksj...If you could fly the inspire up to the 1.4 FW ... you would see a big difference in its top speed,exceleration and climb rate... this is not about distance ...

Last edited:
Reactions: lrh111
I just updated to the latest firmware and hit 65mph with mine. I was in Atti mode with the landing gear down as well. Also, the Inspire had a slight tail wind which I imagine helped a little.

I just updated to the latest firmware and hit 65mph with mine. I was in Atti mode with the landing gear down as well. Also, the Inspire had a slight tail wind which I imagine helped a little.
EliteAVS814TV....That is ok if your just looking for speed itself... the gear down does not help when your videoing ... i am talking about usable speed and exceleration .... and the tail wind does not help a little it helps a lot...

Steven
What was your top end speed in gps and atti modes before the update?

I have the day off today so I will do some speed tests with my inspire and post the results

Humm is it me or its like we went back in time like fall 2015? Inspire is not a racer its built to shoot video and photos. I dont see the need of racing in the sky to capture footage...

Humm is it me or its like we went back in time like fall 2015? Inspire is not a racer its built to shoot video and photos. I dont see the need of racing in the sky to capture footage...
+1

I agree. Camera platform.

A stable smooth platform is my professional need. Perhaps we should just get some FPV racers for fun?

We are not talking about racing the inspires. The point of the thread is to find out if indeed DJI is limiting the performance overall in the latest firmware update. Some of us have the need for videoing high speed objects. I live on the coast and do a lot of jetski videos . You need to be fast to keep up.

I was just flying for fun when I got that speed. Usually I go quite slow when filming. That was simply a test to see what was on tap.

OK
Here are my results with my inspire. Max speed in GPS mode was 50.1 mph and in ATTI mode 72.7 mph . Both modes were done during the same flight. Here are some screen shots of the flights and firmware on my inspire. Also I took a picture of my weather station and wind was 3mph. I was at 206ft altitude for the gps speed and 177ft altitude for the atti speed . My weather sensor is at 20ft high. And there are some very tall pine trees tops that are barely moved by the wind.
So im not sure if everyones aircraft has been effected by the upgrade. Mine is still very responsive and fast with no degrade of performance.
IMG_2703.JPG IMG_0301.PNG max speed gps mode.PNG max speed atti mode.PNG

We are not talking about racing the inspires. The point of the thread is to find out if indeed DJI is limiting the performance overall in the latest firmware update. Some of us have the need for videoing high speed objects. I live on the coast and do a lot of jetski videos . You need to be fast to keep up.
i chase rallye cars... +1 on that. i have to admit that i am still on 1.4.00.10 FW though. i was able to capture the cars i had to go after going 50-80km/h and beyond at times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool