Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Performance drop with FW updates.. Inspire needs a High Performance Mod..

i chase rallye cars... +1 on that. i have to admit that i am still on 1.4.00.10 FW though. i was able to capture the cars i had to go after going 50-80km/h and beyond at times...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80km/h is just shy of 50MPH, which the Inspire will handily do in GPS mode on the current firmware. Significantly more in Atti mode.

Has anyone else figured out and tested if there Inspires have been effected by the FW update? Post results so we can compare.

If you have noticed a drop in performance, try a new set of props. Mine was sluggish and when I bolted on new props the performance was back. Just a thought. ;-)

what kind of props
also.. what firmware version is your inspire?
At the time I had the quick release 1345s and I think 2 firmwares ago. Not 100% sure though. I think I calculated I got back approx 15mph in Gps mode. Not sure if the drone software can detect prop imbalance and reduce performance to compensate but new props solved my problem.

I am factory 1345t on mine
Mine are all original Dji blades. It's not just balance to consider but even slight error in Angle of the blade could be enough to cause performance loss. Very sensitive things are propellers and blades.

After 1.4 FW.... the performance of the inspire has been downgraded, be that exceleration, top speed or climb rate..... i would like to see a High Performace mode made available for the inspire.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Fdnyfish
Humm is it me or its like we went back in time like fall 2015? Inspire is not a racer its built to shoot video and photos. I dont see the need of racing in the sky to capture footage...

Within the last few weeks, I finally upgraded from 1.2 to 1.6. I can definitely tell a difference in trying to video a jetski on the lake. Before I could easily keep up with the subject. Now, I have to pull away and take shortcuts to come close to keeping up.

I'm not a professional so at the end of the day it doesn't matter to me but I imagine that those that do need the speed will suffer immensely. I think it's completely unfair practices for DJI to sell a model with "x" abilities and within 2 years, change the software to dramatically reduce performance.

Just sayin'

For some reason not all inspires have been effected. I was at the airpark yesterday and a fellow had the inspire when DJI first offered for sale. He was flying with the latest firmware and his was WAY WAY SLOWER AND HESITANT... He also couldn't believe how my inspire accelerated. So I think DJI had maybe different motor controls/electronic circuitry in certain inspires and those are the one that do not perform

Reactions: Phatzo
Within the last few weeks, I finally upgraded from 1.2 to 1.6. I can definitely tell a difference in trying to video a jetski on the lake. Before I could easily keep up with the subject. Now, I have to pull away and take shortcuts to come close to keeping up.

I'm not a professional so at the end of the day it doesn't matter to me but I imagine that those that do need the speed will suffer immensely. I think it's completely unfair practices for DJI to sell a model with "x" abilities and within 2 years, change the software to dramatically reduce performance.

Just sayin'
Crap you should of kept the 1.2fw... ino exactly what you mesn i was trying to track a car and couldnt keep up but you dont need a 5min tracking shot imo just a few secs and you switch angle. For video work thats how i do anyway.

But if you wanna record your buddy on a jetski just rippin it you wont keep up if hes in a straight line but circling around doing jumps and tricks i dont see any problem.

Steven what kind of speed were you getting previously with the older FW?

I posted what mine does now. With the new FW.

I saw first hand the effects of the new FW on a persons Inspire and I out climbed and accelerated way out in front of him . His exact words were holy s#!t what did you do to yours what model is that?

For some reason mine still breaks 50 mph in gps mode and accelerates identical to older FW.

Steven what kind of speed were you getting previously with the older FW?

I posted what mine does now. With the new FW.

I saw first hand the effects of the new FW on a persons Inspire and I out climbed and accelerated way out in front of him . His exact words were holy s#!t what did you do to yours what model is that?

For some reason mine still breaks 50 mph in gps mode and accelerates identical to older FW.
What version F/W are you on??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide