Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Performance drop with FW updates.. Inspire needs a High Performance Mod..

Thanks everyone for your comments... i really can't give you a speed etc on what it was and what it is now kaj.. (cant say i have ever taken much notice).. what i have noticed is the inspire is not as responsive agile and quick as it was, i would say acceleration (hey i spelt it correctly) is the main loss here, i have never done speed runs for the speed itself only for chasing fast moving subjects, it is not the same inspire as it was before the FW updates,... i am on the latest FW...
Lets hope DJI give us a High Performance mode we can switch to....

Last edited:
Crap you should of kept the 1.2fw... ino exactly what you mesn i was trying to track a car and couldnt keep up but you dont need a 5min tracking shot imo just a few secs and you switch angle. For video work thats how i do anyway.

But if you wanna record your buddy on a jetski just rippin it you wont keep up if hes in a straight line but circling around doing jumps and tricks i dont see any problem.

I did but it got to the point that it wouldn't fire up without an update for the batteries which meant an update for the firmware.

Oh well, not that important to me... was just mentioning it.

This may be useful those who film high speed moving targets like me, I bypass the DJI framework nonsense and I now fly with the Autopilot app in blackbox mode, the autopilot app has its own flight controler and doesnt subscribe to select firmware limitations imposed such as DJI propulsion limits. See attachment for speed test result.
The same applies for climbing rate.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    804.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Reactions: WhirlyBirdPro
This may or may not be useful those who film high speed moving targets like me, I bypass the DJI framework nonsense and fly recently with Autopilot in blackbox mode, autopilot has its own flight controler and doesnt subscribe to the firmware limitations imposed such as DJI throttle limits. See attachment for speed test result.
The same applies for climbing rate
thx for the info

This may be useful those who film high speed moving targets like me, I bypass the DJI framework nonsense and I now fly with the Autopilot app in blackbox mode, the autopilot app has its own flight controler and doesnt subscribe to select firmware limitations imposed such as DJI propulsion limits. See attachment for speed test result.

This Autopilot app?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    361.1 KB · Views: 34

Zen, does this auto pilot app have all the same functions? Does it work well? Have you had any issues with it?

How long did it take you to install the Autopilot Flight Controller in your Inspire?

Still waiting to hear your answer !!!!!!

I know that my post will not solve the problem, but hopefully it will shade some light on real cause and ask you to reconsider your expectations.

As DJI usually promotes their products as "idiot-proof" that proofing comes at the cost - in each FW iteration they pose more and more limitations in order to micromanage pilots attitude... Drones become popular and affordable, so many people fly close to the aircraft limit without having sufficient experience and without having idea how and why things can go wrong. So we all become "victims" of adjusting products to their insufficient experience, as each new FW and aircraft is built to protect them instead to give best tool to the pros... On the other hand, manufacturer pushes the limits of technology, cuts the costs as these are mass market products, and therefore manages the product to safeguard himself...

As far as I can tell, most battery cutoff, power throttling, speed limiting and similar performance degradations came simultaneously with the X5 cameras and Inspire1 v2 models. It must be that heavy load of X5 and X5R, as well as questionable airframe rigidity, motivated DJI to tame Inspire1 performance in favour of sufficient flight times and overall product reliably... Flying on the edge, thats what performance flying of X5 is really is, so DJI moved edge margin to be more conservative... Personally, I believe that on average, for majority of semi-pro-pilots, these performance degradations will not cause any regrets, while really experienced and skilful pro pilots will regrettably learn that Inspire1 is not real professional platform as it will not put you in full control of you airframe... If skilled and professional, you can regain some performance by flying in ATTI mode, or you can sell your Inspire1 and buy some real professional tools (as Freefly Alta, or some X8 airframe with DJI A2 controller)... I am Inspire 1, X5 and X3 owner, and personally I am ready to swallow the pill, and to give up some performance in favour of using exchangeable lenses of different focal lengths, while retaining relatively light and practical airframe... On the other hand, I know that there are some use cases where X3 camera on high speed airframe would make or brake a shot, but even X3 is not reliable solution as it easily shows vibration and jello at top speeds... Has anybody tried P4 at its top speed?

Reactions: The Editor
There seems to be quite a bit of discrepancy between people who say their Inspire is slower, and those who say theirs is not affected. What we really need is a few people who have and do not have the issues to get together and do side by side tests of their aircraft, taking into account things like air temp and battery temps etc. Also if someone who is still on 1.4 or below could get together with someone with 1.8 that would also be useful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08