Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Pilot App Crash Report (Latest versions)

Has the most recent version of DJI Pilot crashed/restarted in use?

• Total voters
Does anyone know how to revert to the previous app version. I think this new version is the reason for the crashing in my case. Please help.

You would have needed to save the .app file to your host computer for the version of the DJI app that you want to revert to. Either that or you can send out a request to the forum members to see if anyone has the version you're looking for. Once you have the desired version, you can manually upload it to the iPad via the iTunes restore function. This has worked for me in the past but YMMV.

Hi, I had backed up my ipad apps, so was able to reinstall the version I wanted via iTunes. The file is of course associated with my Apple account, so is not transferable. Using the Air 2.

Its getting more complex now, with the latest firmware releases, and the latest DJI Go app, but I am still on on old pre-bloat firmware, and am getting predictable performance.

Hope you figure a way.

Just voted,

I'm using a iPad mini 2 with the latest iOS & latest Go app version. I don't use my mini for anything else other than flying, so far i've had no problems with the pad.

All good so far with me;)

Just voted,

I'm using a iPad mini 2 with the latest iOS & latest Go app version. I don't use my mini for anything else other than flying, so far i've had no problems with the pad.

All good so far with me;)
Yeap I believe that a dedicated tablet is the best way.Don't trust the next firmware.

I used a Nexus 7 for months, and the DJI GO app crashed a lot; sometimes multiple times in a single flight. It even crashed the entire pad several times. An instance of the latter almost cost me my Inspire; it was RTHing when it crashed, and started landing before I could get the app going again. But it was landing about 6 feet away from the takeoff spot, which was unfortunately over water. The app reconnected when it was about 30 feet off the ground, and I was able to intercept it.

So I switched to an iPad Mini 4. I had a few flights with no crash, but yesterday it crashed on me three times, twice in a single flight.

As a software engineer, I am embarrassed for DJI at how often their apps crash.

But it was landing about 6 feet away from the takeoff spot, which was unfortunately over water. The app reconnected when it was about 30 feet off the ground, and I was able to intercept it.
You can always control your Inspire even without the app so don't worry wait 'till you have a good sight of your Inspire and take control.
I agree with you that the app was not that good before,but since the last update didn't had any crash.

I tried that, and I don't think it worked. I will try it again in a controlled test the next time I fly.

Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo