Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

PLEASE HELP!!! Inspire 1 X5 horrible vibrations (URGENT!!!)

Have you experienced this problem?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have recently been having some issues with my X5 Camera on my Inspire 1. It has this horrible vibration that won't go away no matter what I do unless I firmly hold camera, then the vibration goes away. The weird thing is, that the issue does not occur on the Osmo whatsoever... I've tried using a different lens which has worked sometimes, but not always... I recorded this video to explain it more in depth... Please help, I have a shoot coming on Tuesday, and I really need this thing to work... :( Thanks in advance! :)

I had the same problem last year - same grinding noise on start up and the vibration noise. I posted the video in Dropbox but there was no response. I ended up sending the camera to DJI who replaced it with a refurb. My Inspire was also replaced at the same time but for another issue. Both replacements seem to be working fine at the moment but I have not flown the Inspire much since it was replaced.

The problem seemed to arise after I started using the Olympus 45mm lens, but it also vibrated with other lenses I was using. The only time it stopped vibrating was if I moved the camera pan/ tilt to certain positions.

Is it balanced? Looks like it's pointing up when it is off. Do you have the balancing ring on? after you take the lens cap off it would be further unbalanced. I've only had the issue when the X5 is out of balance.

Reactions: Brett8883
Check contacts on gimbal port and bird also make sure your twist lock collar is snug.

Hello everyone,
I wanted to thank all of you for the tips you gave! Aerial-Pixel's tip worked for sure! I made a temporary fix for my lens until I get the

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Remove the camera from the gimbal,Then remove the gimbal and check to make sure your camera and gimbal are connecting true with no obstructions.If everything seems ok with those,Then you most likely have a bad gimbal drive motor. I am sure you have removed the battery and rebooted the drone and remote .also remove the battery from the remote then restart.If that doesn’t work it must be the gimbal drive ,also make sure all connections are very clean because that heat you described could be caused by resistance.Clean camera and gimbal connections with a q tip and rubbing alcohol be gentle.Good Luck

Remove the camera from the gimbal,Then remove the gimbal and check to make sure your camera and gimbal are connecting true with no obstructions.If everything seems ok with those,Then you most likely have a bad gimbal drive motor. I am sure you have removed the battery and rebooted the drone and remote .also remove the battery from the remote then restart.If that doesn’t work it must be the gimbal drive ,also make sure all connections are very clean because that heat you described could be caused by resistance.Clean camera and gimbal connections with a q tip and rubbing alcohol be gentle.Good Luck
This was solved in post #4 eighteen months ago.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo