Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Please stop flying in restricted airspace!!!!!!!

FAA if you are lurking please go after these people make an example of them.....
I just retired from the FAA. I was an Air Traffic Control Supervisor and I have worked at 8 different facilities across the U.S. The FAA does NOT lurk in forums such as this. They don't give a **** what you think or say about drones and NEVER will. There may be a handful of actual people that work directly for the FAA that are looking at replies on their own websites where they are required to ask for the public's opinion, but that's about it! They look because they are required to, but don't expect to get their attention with ANYTHING that you say. It just won't happen.

I will NOT be answering a bunch of questions about this matter because I know it stirs up EVERY drone debate on the planet. My statements are simply the truth. The FAA does not care what you think. It's all politics, money and safety (if they can afford it). If you want to actually do something that matters to the FAA, talk (or write) to your congress person...., not just once, but hundreds of times and call also. Get as many people to do it as possible. Congress runs the FAA and decides how much money they get. That's the only real power over the FAA and about the only way you can get their attention. (Well, the national news gets their attention also... but only BAD NEWS).

Reactions: SultanGris
as ive said you dont want to get in any aircrafts way obviously and i know they fly lower than 500 ft, you can easily see them and stay out of their flight path, the sky is big. Planes hit birds all the time. my buddies are hitting ducks left and right flying 10ft above the ground spraying at 140mph and i guarantee you a duck is more solid mass than a plastic inspire at that speed and at worst they break the window if they hit it right, but they bounce off the wings doing nothing.

Im not throwing $3000 up in the air trying to make it disappear in a 1000 pieces, use common sense buddy, I wanna be just as safe as the guy in the plane, trust me.

If you buddies are hitting ducks at 10 feet off the ground they sound like people that should have there cert taken away before they hurt someone on the ground. every pilot I have talked to hates birds and are always concerned about hitting one and the damage they will cause.

Just tell me one thing why did the plane land in the Hudson river? if they can take a bird strike then why didn't he just turn around and land at the airport.

I the FAA is lurking please catch these people and make the fine really really hurt. Check your TFR's before you fly.

It's called flying spray planes and is a very common occurrence. The Hudson river crash went through a whole flock of multiple birds. And the faa don't lurk or care,

Reactions: Florida Drone LLC
as ive said you dont want to get in any aircrafts way obviously and i know they fly lower than 500 ft, you can easily see them and stay out of their flight path, the sky is big. Planes hit birds all the time. my buddies are hitting ducks left and right flying 10ft above the ground spraying at 140mph and i guarantee you a duck is more solid mass than a plastic inspire at that speed and at worst they break the window if they hit it right, but they bounce off the wings doing nothing.

Im not throwing $3000 up in the air trying to make it disappear in a 1000 pieces, use common sense buddy, I wanna be just as safe as the guy in the plane, trust me.

Sultangris,
Your missing the whole point of this thread. The thread and the responsibility here is about not flying in restricted airspace.
If you want to put everyone at ease here and put the flames out (pun intended). Then as a responsible drone pilot you should respond with...." yes, the right thing to do is not fly in known restricted airspace no matter how good of a drone pilot I am."

I can assure you all of the pilots fighting fires will greatly appreciate you doing the right thing. You should also condone this responsibility to other drone pilots. The general public (this includes the majority of people flying drones) don't have the experience or knowledge of full size aircraft. Therefore laypeople should not justify for any reason flying in restricted airspace, especially with aircraft flying low to the ground. I hope you get the point and leave it at that.

My uncle owns a cessna, and ive flown it years ago when i was 10 years old. Didnt take off or land mind you, but flew it while in the air. Pretty much like driving a car except you can go up and down. The hardest part of flying is landing, haha!

If you read my comments i clearly stated that a prop or windscreen hit could be bad, true enough, my pilot friends concur those are the worst possible spots a small plane and quad copter could collide that are possible/likely to cause catastrophic damage to the small aircraft.

Dont get me wrong, im not condoning flying recklessly in the path of small or large aircraft by any means at all, im all for safe quad copter flying. Im just saying that safe flying above 400ft is easily possible under the right condition with a little common sense and all these media plane vs quad copter stories are nothing more than propaganda fear mongering BS.

The chances of a small aircraft/quad crash causing the aircraft to crash is so minuscule its laughable and a commercial jet vs a quad would result in the commercial aircraft most likely not even knowing it even hit the quad copter. Their engines are designed to ingest birds that are 5x the mass of a small plastic quad copter and if you think a phantom or inspire would even make a commercial jet engine even hiccup you are a ra-tard.

A larger custom hex or octo may possibly do some damage but commercial airlines have 2-3 engines, they can lose lose one and still fly/land safely. To make a commercial airliner crash with a quadcopter would definitely require multiple quads and uncanny precision flying to hit 2-3 engines simultaneously that the chances of it ever happening are slim to none. Unless you were flying right next to the airport while they were taking off or landing Id bet $1000 you couldnt get within 100 yards of a commercial airliner if you were trying your hardest to do so.

Use common sense when you fly and dont play into the BS media fear mongering hype about OMG a commercial airliner saw a quad 2 miles away so they had to emergency land, BS MO FO, complete retardation fear mongering propaganda is all that is. It would be like hitting a bug with your car, it might make a smear spot but its not gonna kill you.

Your comment quote: (a jet engine would not even hick up injesting a quadcopter like the Inspire, and that anybody who thinks so is a re-tard") once again proves your ignorance. I work on Jet Engines so I know what I'm talking about. I also fly commercial airliners so I know what I'm talking about. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself before calming to know what your talking about. Do some research on FOD(Foreign Object Damage) and read about the millions of dollars FOD injested into jet engines causes every year.
I guarantee you if an Inspire were to be injested into a large jet engine it would cause hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix the damage. The aircraft would be grounded until a replacement engine could be installed, again costing the airline thousands upon thousands of dollars.
If an Inspire where to be injested into a smaller corporate jet engine, more than likely the engine would be out of commision and would have to be removed and completely overhauled, once again costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. But apperently in your opinion it's just a hick-up. Silly Rabbit!!!!!

I will know longer be responding to your post or your comments as I feel it is a futile effort to educate you.

If you buddies are hitting ducks at 10 feet off the ground they sound like people that should have there cert taken away before they hurt someone on the ground. every pilot I have talked to hates birds and are always concerned about hitting one and the damage they will cause.

Just tell me one thing why did the plane land in the Hudson river? if they can take a bird strike then why didn't he just turn around and land at the airport.

I the FAA is lurking please catch these people and make the fine really really hurt. Check your TFR's before you fly.

The decision for the river was based on altitude, airspeed, nearest runway, aircraft weight, pilots' self-assessment of skills and the congested ground construction. Best of bad options.

Educate yourself before you attempt to educate others. Bird Strikes Jet Engine:
SultanGris,
My friend, you are clearly miss guided and ill informed on the realities of real life. I must say I find people like you quite amuzing and entertaining. Your "You Tube" degree is not going to get you very far in life. You probably also have a degree from the Discovery Channel as well. Keep on truckin my friend!! Silly Rabbit!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk