POWER - Battery Bank vs. Generator

Reaction score
Has anyone found a battery bank that can charge multiple TB48 batteries?
Here are a few that I have found and look like they can put out the necessary charging power but I do not know how to calculate how many times it can charge a TB48 battery.

1. Expert Power Omega 453
2. Suaoki 220Wh/20,000mAh Portable Generator
3. AUDEW Portable Generator Power
4. Fnova 250-Watt Portable Battery

If these will only charge a TB48 battery a couple of times then I guess it is worth it to just go with a generator.

What are you guys using to charge your batteries at gig where there are no wall outlets available?

Reactions: mpaerial
I looked forever and couldn't find a solution that didn't cost less than buying 5 more tb48s.. I had a job that I had to do 5 shoots in one day so I order one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01COA0UTE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You definitely want a high wattage Pure Sine wave inverter. I used an inexpensive car battery (marine battery is better), mounted them both in my trunk and used my normal 180watt A/C charger. It worked like a charm. I was able to charge 4 batteries from 15% and still had juice left in the car battery. The beauty of this is that you can just buy another car battery if needed and charge 4 (or more) tb48s.

Total cost: approx. $200.

Last edited: