Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Prop guards anyone?

Reaction score
We bumped the inspire several times when flying in our warehouse when we first got it. Now this is what's in the brew to fix that. Our prop guards will provide 360 protection of each prop (great for flying in the wooded area or close to people). It's going to the 3D printing folks next week, let's see how it works.

3d%20view2_zpsnztdn0hx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

top%20view_zpsxtqokjol.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
We bumped the inspire several times when flying in our warehouse when we first got it. Now this is what's in the brew to fix that. Our prop guards will provide 360 protection of each prop (great for flying in the wooded area or close to people). It's going to the 3D printing folks next week, let's see how it works.

Awesome, I would love a set if they work out.

I just crack up that "blade strike" is interested in prop guards... It made me smile.

Not really interested in the guards but the printer size bed.. Really looking for something bigger but don't want to drop $7-9k

The guards are a great idea though, I just wonder how they will hurt performance?

Reactions: Mazz
I just crack up that "blade strike" is interested in prop guards... It made me smile.
This is funny though....

Yup blade is our local 3D printer guy too... I knew right away why he was interested. That's a nice sized printer if it can print a loop even only slightly larger than a prop.

I have also thought about this in the past so after some testing I could be interested. Never dropped or tipped mine yet but when indoors it's nice to have that just in case.

i so have a 3D printer. an objet 30... print bed is about an A4 size international paper... a stp would be great. i am also in good contact with the company we bought the printer from and they have also printers with bigger bed sizes... i'd be happy to test them if i could get the stp or stl file.

trying to help cheers
m

I don't know what is wrong with me at the moment I taught this post is about prop guards, but now now it looks like it is about 3 D printers .
It's time to stop drinking. LOL

Reactions: Soflms and Thgstang
I doubt he would want to part with the stl. He has put time which equals money into this design.

haha blade you got that right!
seriously, I really appreciate everyone's input and willingness to help. we have a 3d printing shop that we go to on a regular basis so the design is in good hand. stay tuned for some action vids soon!

Reactions: blade strike
I am extremely interested in prop guards. I was flying indoors in a hallway and lost control...the Inspire hit the wall and crashed...nasty. The damage done to the drywall was significant...if this would have been a person, I don't even want to think about it.

I know there are some performance issues with prop guards...I had them with my Phantom and had an issue descending with them once too rapidly, not moving forward or laterally, causing a vortex (or whatever it is called) crash, but I am more than willing to sacrifice some performance to make my Inspire a little more safe.

I would love to get ahold of some prop guards for my Inspire. I wonder why DJI has not included these from the getgo, thinking about liability issues. I know there are "purists" out there that don't want to use them, but I have used them, and I have had several experiences where they have prevented crashes and know they would help if the craft lost control and would (God forbid) fly into a person.

I don't care about the printing aspect of these at all, but I would really like to get a set of these if they work for you! This is really great. If you have success, would you e-mail me at [email protected]? Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44