Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Re-celling inspire batteries

D

Deleted member 39551

I am currently trying to re-cell a TB47 battery. So far I have found out that each cell is at 3.7V, and rated at 8.7WH and they discharge at 10C.

Just wondering if people can help me with the individual cell mAH as not sure how they scale. Is it 12 cells at 375mAH (4500/12) or as they are in a 6S2P setup are they all 2250mAH (4500/2) as the two packs of 6 are in parallel?

Any help appreciated.

The 12 cells are separated into 2 sets that contain 6 cells that are in series. then these 2 sets are in parallel.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I am currently trying to re-cell a TB47 battery. So far I have found out that each cell is at 3.7V, and rated at 8.7WH and they discharge at 10C.

Just wondering if people can help me with the individual cell mAH as not sure how they scale. Is it 12 cells at 375mAH (4500/12) or as they are in a 6S2P setup are they all 2250mAH (4500/2) as the two packs of 6 are in parallel?

Any help appreciated.
They are also LiHV cells so they top out at 4.35v and NOT 4.2v

Reactions: Mad_angler1
They are also LiHV cells so they top out at 4.35v and NOT 4.2v

I think only the TB48 (and not the TB47) has LiHV cells? I think that's why the voltage rating on the label is different right (22.2v vs 22.8v)?

did anyone find out how to reset the pcb once new cells are installed?
i have a perfectly new battery but managed to twist (break) the pcb and can not use a used pcb as it will not see the full mAh of the battery.

Has anyone found a reliable source for the cells in TB48's? I have four that I'd like to re-cell.

Andy
I haven't found one which is why I am trying to do it myself. am also looking for higher mAH and C rating cells as that way you can fly for longer and put less strain on the cells reducing how hot they get, there for increasing life of the cells.

I have 3 batteries that were in storage for about 6 months .. and all three discharged themselves to destruction .. which seems to be a design/engineering fault w. DJI .. I would think the monitoring circuitry would 'disconnect' when the batteries still have enough voltage to last for many, many months .. but looks like the drain never disconnected and the batteries were destroyed by going below their critical voltage/charge level ... So ... sure would like to find someone that could replace the cells rather than just throwing them in the trash ... frustrating!!

Anyone else found any guide, or battery that could be used? I have a TB47, and a TB48 that puffed on me and I would really like to re-cell them so that I can get more flight time again. Everything internally should be fine, would just need to solder an install the new battery pack at least thats what I think I can do. I know I have heard things about the power level and what not of the replacement battery needing to be at 0 because of the "smart" pcb board.

I have 3 batteries that were in storage for about 6 months .. and all three discharged themselves to destruction .. which seems to be a design/engineering fault w. DJI .. I would think the monitoring circuitry would 'disconnect' when the batteries still have enough voltage to last for many, many months .. but looks like the drain never disconnected and the batteries were destroyed by going below their critical voltage/charge level ... So ... sure would like to find someone that could replace the cells rather than just throwing them in the trash ... frustrating!!

My guess would be that the ‘intelligent’ electronics draw a small current even when switched off. Over time this will discharge the battery to a point where the cells will become damaged.

Always check battery levels regularly and recharge every couple of months or if the level drops too low.

My guess would be that the ‘intelligent’ electronics draw a small current even when switched off. Over time this will discharge the battery to a point where the cells will become damaged.

Always check battery levels regularly and recharge every couple of months or if the level drops too low.
Correct.
Known as quiescent current draw.

Reactions: oldcomputech
I have found where I can buy single cells from Japan for under 2 dollars each. Ones from China you can get for under a dollar each. Problem is you have to buy a bunch at once. Like 10,000 of them. So unless you plan on fixing a ton of them definitely not worth it.

I have found where I can buy single cells from Japan for under 2 dollars each. Ones from China you can get for under a dollar each. Problem is you have to buy a bunch at once. Like 10,000 of them. So unless you plan on fixing a ton of them definitely not worth it.
Your search led to a great discovery!
Can you share a link to store these cells?

Your search led to a great discovery!
Can you share a link to store these cells?
I do not have a link because I did this search over a year ago and stopped looking when I saw it wasn’t an economical way to recell 4 batteries lol. Do some digging around on google and you will find places to buy them.

I do not have a link because I did this search over a year ago and stopped looking when I saw it wasn’t an economical way to recell 4 batteries lol. Do some digging around on google and you will find places to buy them.
It's a pity.
Alas, but in free sale of the cell for a full replacement in the battery, I could not find. The cells installed in the batteries produce only one company for DJI.
We will go the other way. ))

It's a pity.
Alas, but in free sale of the cell for a full replacement in the battery, I could not find. The cells installed in the batteries produce only one company for DJI.
We will go the other way. ))
I tracked them down by closest size comparison to the stock individual size of one cell. Then looked at watt hr of the cell. I have a friend that makes and sells portable audio equipment and he has done extensive research into the lipo cells he uses in his units and he has shown me that the best lipo cells come from Japan and not China. I may ask him now about these since he is over there right now.

Reactions: ACDS
I tracked them down by closest size comparison to the stock individual size of one cell. Then looked at watt hr of the cell. I have a friend that makes and sells portable audio equipment and he has done extensive research into the lipo cells he uses in his units and he has shown me that the best lipo cells come from Japan and not China. I may ask him now about these since he is over there right now.
The factory producing smart battery cells for DJI and other companies - LiPoHV and battery assembly, unfortunately does not retail the cell. Other LiPoHV do not have the desired ratio of cell size / cell capacity to be able to make a replacement.
In any case, I and other pilots could not find us on the market.
If it does not complicate you, ask your friend to find out more.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44