Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

REVIEW: Zeiss Cinemizer Goggles

Reaction score
I've had my Zeiss Cinemizers for a couple weeks now. Overall, pretty happy with them. I haven't seen any other reviews as it specifically relates to the Inspire 1, so I figured I'd take a crack at it.

I purchased my Cinemizers from Drones Plus/US Drones in Las Vegas, Nevada. They arrived the next day as I'm only one state away in Arizona.

The Cinemizers come in a cellophane shrink wrap plastic cover. The outer box is high gloss cardboard. The actually container for the Cinemizers pushes out of the cardboard box that encircles it. Once you have the inside container open, it reveals that actual zip pouch that the Cinemizers are contained in (similar to a pair of nice sunglasses or prescription glass case).

Once the zip pouch is open, the following contents are found within: Zeiss Cinemizer glasses, battery pack/controller, mini HDMI adapter, various ear bud sizes, several nose piece sizes, ear retention loops, and "Quick Guide."

The battery pack lasts about 2.5 hours in my experience. It has a mini USB port to charge it with. I carry a small portable USB battery pack to charge mine with if I'm going to be out for a long time. The battery pack also has the controls on it (power on/off, selection wheel with detent to move within menus).

The Cinemizers themselves are pretty comfortable. Each eye is adjustable via the diopter wheel to the side of each viewing window. One simple closes each eye individually and then adjust the diopter for the eye that is still open. This process is repeated for the other side as well.

The Cinemizers DO NOT come with the needed cables to connect to the DJI Inspire 1 remotes. You will have to purchase a Mini HDMI cable (Type C) on your own. I purchased mine from Aerial Pixels. They are a great little company out of California. The cables are typically made the same day as your order is placed. When you arrive at their site, don't get overwhelmed. Use their Cable Builder option. To get there, use the search bar. Type: Cable Builder in and hit enter. This will take you to the page to order yours in the appropriate length for your needs. Note that the Mini HDMI cable ends only come in RIGHT ANGLE connectors at this time.

These are great little cables. The guys over at Aerial Pixels are great to work with.

I will be posting a video review of the Zeiss Cinemizers shortly.

Enjoy!

I have the Zeiss Cinimizers.
They are very nice, and the picture is awesome,
They are no good if you wear glasses though, so I will be selling mine.
They are also discontinued, so anyone who is interested should grab a pair while they can, (they really are awesome paired with the Inspire).

They are also discontinued, so anyone who is interested should grab a pair while they can, (they really are awesome paired with the Inspire).

I thought thats why the diopters are there so you can adjust for those who wear glasses?

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBone
Anybody know why they are being discontinued ?

I ordered a pair. The quality of the image is very good. But the size is lacking. Once I found out that they were discontinued and no longer in production, I sent them back. I'm still waiting for the bomb without looking like an idiot with something like headplay.
I did have a long conversation with a dealer for zeiss. They don't currently have a plan for replacements but he is encouraging them to come out with one. No plans as of yet.

I went with these and they are larger viewing but a slight decrease in quality. They will do until something great comes along

http://www.amazon.com/3D-Video-Glas...435073100&sr=8-29&keywords=hdmi+Video+Glasses

Well I have ordered a pair from BH so hopefully they are good. I just can't see the iPad in bright sunlight even with a padhat.

I ordered a pair. The quality of the image is very good. But the size is lacking. Once I found out that they were discontinued and no longer in production, I sent them back. I'm still waiting for the bomb without looking like an idiot with something like headplay.
I did have a long conversation with a dealer for zeiss. They don't currently have a plan for replacements but he is encouraging them to come out with one. No plans as of yet.

I went with these and they are larger viewing but a slight decrease in quality. They will do until something great comes along

http://www.amazon.com/3D-Video-Glas...435073100&sr=8-29&keywords=hdmi+Video+Glasses

Yeah I just can't do the headplay its huge.

It's understandable why some would be turned off by the size. But they are remarkably light and the large image is quite spectacular--almost an IMAX-like experience. The lower cost didn't hurt any, either.

I sincerely hope the Cinemizers work for you. Like you said, any attempt to fly using the iPad's screen as a reference once the sun gets very bright is really futile--even frustrating.

Reactions: sirnikolas
It's understandable why some would be turned off by the size. But they are remarkably light and the large image is quite spectacular--almost an IMAX-like experience. The lower cost didn't hurt any, either.

I sincerely hope the Cinemizers work for you. Like you said, any attempt to fly using the iPad's screen as a reference once the sun gets very bright is really futile--even frustrating.

This looks promising. Avegant Glyph

image.jpg image.jpg

Why even bother with the Zeiss. At such low resolution and extreme cost, screw that. You'd be better off with a set of Fatshark Dominator HD's if you want to shell out that much money - but by far the best headset (if you don't mind the larger size - but more comfort factor) the Headplay HD's are the ducks nuts by far.

I mean, what other headset makes you feel like you're in an IMAX cinema and for $249? I could buy 3 of these for the same priced Zeiss rubbish....

The price you pay for the best and true 720p not some SVGA 480p resolution ********. They are mega comfortable too. I wouldn't use anything less than the Headplay HDs now.

Not sure I rate the PC 'Nebula' glasses either. There's no way to change the IPD so you're screwed if you have a wide or narrow eye position...

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth