Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Second camera for pilot

I might give this a shot using HD fatsharks and a different camera setup. I think that aantenna they use would get in the shots

I don't know why they mounted the components in a way where it would void the warranty..
There's no reason I can think of not to make it an external bolt on except it looks cool..

You could mount all the gear on the arms for easy removal and installation..

A guy named ming from China built the first fpv nose mounted system..he also was the first guy to put floaties on a inspire ..
Also the first to go fishing with one that ended in the inspire getting pulled under..lol..
Turbo..

Reactions: JaviKnows
Hey turbo I saw ming's video. That's what started this. I might attempt to tackle a removable (via gopro mount) head tracking setup. It'll be ugly.
Hey Soflms..
That's sound s cool to me..
I'm sure it will be bad *** !!
I'll be waiting to see what you come up with..lol..
Turbo...

I don't know why they mounted the components in a way where it would void the warranty..
There's no reason I can think of not to make it an external bolt on except it looks cool..

You could mount all the gear on the arms for easy removal and installation..

A guy named ming from China built the first fpv nose mounted system..he also was the first guy to put floaties on a inspire ..
Also the first to go fishing with one that ended in the inspire getting pulled under..lol..
Turbo..

I think they did it this way because they wanted everything to run off the flight pack vs having a separate lipo, which would mean the end user would need a charger for that lipo and some inpsire owners only own an inspire or a phantom with the dji chargers...aside from that I don't think is that big of a deal and having a separate lipo wouldn't void your warranty. I'm looking more into micro 5.8 200mw setups that can run off 1s or small 2s lipos plus you can stash them about anywhere.

Last edited:
Don't know if this is gumrukcu setup or him reposting it but this is a nice set up for the 2nd fpv cam thinking of doing something like this on mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 181
I did a secondary FPV system on mine already. Does not look as sexy as the one originally posted on, but it works good and was less than $200 for camera, TX, RX, monitor, and tripod. All set up with lipo batteries that I already had (12V) system. Velcro and double-sided tape. I then added the mad mushroom antennas and got considerably better range/reception. They added about $60 more dollars. Here are some pics....

Second case will go away and be incorporated into the Home Depot Husky case setup that I am working on from another post in the forum...

David

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 243
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    908.8 KB · Views: 198
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 246
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 206
I did a secondary FPV system on mine already. Does not look as sexy as the one originally posted on, but it works good and was less than $200 for camera, TX, RX, monitor, and tripod. All set up with lipo batteries that I already had (12V) system. Velcro and double-sided tape. I then added the mad mushroom antennas and got considerably better range/reception. They added about $60 more dollars. Here are some pics....

Second case will go away and be incorporated into the Home Depot Husky case setup that I am working on from another post in the forum...

David

Oh yeah... It is a 900mHz system.. I didn't go for long range. Was hoping for better penetration..

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I think they did it this way because they wanted everything to run off the flight pack vs having a separate lipo, which would mean the end user would need a charger for that lipo and some inpsire owners only own an inspire or a phantom with the dji chargers...aside from that I don't think is that big of a deal and having a separate lipo wouldn't void your warranty. I'm looking more into micro 5.8 200mw setups that can run off 1s or small 2s lipos plus you can stash them about anywhere.
Couldn't you leach off of the flight pack for power??
I'm sure it would be easy to mount one for a fpv system..
I've got chargers for several goodies..lol..
Turbo..

David
Hey David..
I like how you made your system!!
Nice job!!
Turbo...

I recently received mine back from DSLRPros but had to upgrade the firmware when I received it. After Successfully upgrading to the firmware for my Inspire 1, I received an error in the APP stating that the Accelerometer had failed. The solution was to restart the aircraft and if it still failed to contact customer service. After successfully upgrading the firmware for the Inspire1 as well as both the RCs and the batteries I calibrated the batteries and the IMU... Everything appears to work fine except for this error which seems to be generated when I attempt to move the gimbal with the RC. I have sent DSLRPros a message but I won't hear from them until next week so was just wondering if anyone had seen anything on this error since the last firmware upgrade??? Not sure if it is related to the FPV upgrade or not.
Thanks,
De

Guys, I love where this thread is going. Im trying to piece a micro head tracking setup together and will order parts asap. It's just figuring out how to mount it all. I'd like to use fatshark dominator HD

I recently received mine back from DSLRPros but had to upgrade the firmware when I received it. After Successfully upgrading to the firmware for my Inspire 1, I received an error in the APP stating that the Accelerometer had failed. The solution was to restart the aircraft and if it still failed to contact customer service. After successfully upgrading the firmware for the Inspire1 as well as both the RCs and the batteries I calibrated the batteries and the IMU... Everything appears to work fine except for this error which seems to be generated when I attempt to move the gimbal with the RC. I have sent DSLRPros a message but I won't hear from them until next week so was just wondering if anyone had seen anything on this error since the last firmware upgrade??? Not sure if it is related to the FPV upgrade or not.
Thanks,
De

That sucks man, I hope for your sake it is related to their install cause they will have to fix it for you. DJI will charge you and probably more than normal since the warranty was voided. Keep us updated with your experience so we can determine if the dslrpro is a viable option.

I like the idea for an FPV cam for the pilot. But all of the implamentations I have seen are using a 5.8 system and operator monitor without the pilot app and all of the flight data information provided by it. I would love to hack Lightbridge on the AC to take another video feed?

Guys, I love where this thread is going. Im trying to piece a micro head tracking setup together and will order parts asap. It's just figuring out how to mount it all. I'd like to use fatshark dominator HD
I'd suggest upgrading to the Sony hmz ..
I have the dominator HD's and I think the performance could be better..
Mine are blurry on the edges..
Have a buddy with them ,but he doesn't have the same issue..
Something about head size or ??
Hey did just purchased the sonys though..
You can get them from amazon warehouse deals for about 20% off..
Turbo..

Don't know if this is gumrukcu setup or him reposting it but this is a nice set up for the 2nd fpv cam thinking of doing something like this on mine
Hey man, did you ever end up trying to do this? I noticed the camera setup on his bird changed a few times in the pics. I want to try to attempt headtracking...I cant tell if anyone else has tried this yet? I'm waiting on the parts but it might take a while...It would be cool if gunrukcu could join in on the convo, I think a lot of people would be interested in how he did his setup

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters