Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shipping Confirmed by DJI - It's Official

Reaction score
Received an email from DJI that shipping will begin on 12/31/2014. Dual Controller orders will be shipped with 1 controller at this time, with the 2nd controller shipped separately.

More importantly, I ordered 11/13/2014 from DJI and received a FEDEX shipping confirmation with actual tracking number. Tracking number link does not have additional info, but usually precedes, in my experience, actual shipment by a day.

I received an email at 7:43 am EST stating that order was shipped; and my Online Store order status has been changed to "Shipped," FEDEX, with a tracking number.

Oder time is as follows

Order Time: 2014-11-13 20:11:54

yes but mean envoy not happen until the 31/12 th. so when they have sent your inspire 30/12 th? are you sure it is sent?

I don't think it's been shipped. Like many shippers, they enter the info into a shipping system (in this case FEDEX) and they are assigned a tracking number for each package. An email or other confirmation gets posted now that a package has a confirmed number, but the package is often not picked up until a later date. FEDEX will not start their tracking updates until they get physically custody of the package. In my experience, with many vendors, the notification precedes the actual shipment by a day.

I am not a "Shipping" expert, and only reflects my experience. In any event, I'm not to "caught up" in whether it ships in 1 day versus 3. The point is that the process has started.

UPDATE:

FedEx now acknowledges the package as having a shipping label prepared, indicates a shipping date of 12/30/2014, 01/05/2015 delivery date, and is shipping from China.

Last edited:
I don't think it's been shipped. Like many shippers, they enter the info into a shipping system (in this case FEDEX) and they are assigned a tracking number for each package. An email or other confirmation gets posted now that a package has a confirmed number, but the package is often not picked up until a later date. FEDEX will not start their tracking updates until they get physically custody of the package. In my experience, with many vendors, the notification precedes the actual shipment by a day.

I am not a "Shipping" expert, and only reflects my experience. In any event, I'm not to "caught up" in whether it ships in 1 day versus 3. The point is that the process has started.

UPDATE:

FedEx now acknowledges the package as having a shipping label prepared, indicates a shipping date of 12/30/2014, no expected delivery date, and is shipping from China.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
FeDeX Boat Knegg Knegg

Then you have the about 3 weeks by boat from China

[Quote = "mem_ny, post: 1917, medlem: 3407"] lol. Vi får se ..... [/ quote]

kan jeg se en utskrifts et skjermbilde av din bestilling?

Other than receiving the standard form letter we all received from DJI I have heard nothing about when to expect the Inspire. I'm wondering if there was any benefit for me to have ordered through a dealer rather than directly through DJI as DJI is shipping out Inspires directly to those who ordered whereas if it was ordered through a dealer it will have to go to them and then be sent out to those who ordered. I personally ordered through a dealer the instant it was made available on 11/12.
Perhaps I incorrectly assumed that the first "batch" would be sent to their dealers before they sent them out to individuals. Thoughts?

My FedEx shipping confirmation has a delivery date of Monday, 01/05/2015. Several dealers, including B&H, have stated that they are expecting physical delivery this week, so it's possible that dealers were accommodated first in an earlier shipment.

Your dealer should be able to advise if they have received a shipping confirmation.

Other than receiving the standard form letter we all received from DJI I have heard nothing about when to expect the Inspire. I'm wondering if there was any benefit for me to have ordered through a dealer rather than directly through DJI as DJI is shipping out Inspires directly to those who ordered whereas if it was ordered through a dealer it will have to go to them and then be sent out to those who ordered. I personally ordered through a dealer the instant it was made available on 11/12.
Perhaps I incorrectly assumed that the first "batch" would be sent to their dealers before they sent them out to individuals. Thoughts?

I have to agree that DJI didn't do their Tier 1 dealers any favors by shipping out to individuals at the same time as to the dealers. I ordered from a Tier 1 dealer in order to have the assurance of customer support in the vent of any issues. It's been a long enough period since reveal that I can wait another couple of days until my unit arrives (sans 2nd controller:(). But if I had been someone at DJI in a position to make that decision, I would have staggered the ship dates to give the dealers worldwide a leg up on the individual orders.

If DJI did not favor their dealers and provide them with a means to ship the Inspire at the same time as those who ordered it directly through DJI then they have yet again chosen poorly, boned their dealers and people like me who ordered through a dealer. Yes, it's likely only a matter of a few days difference but it's yet another slap in the face IMO. Second controller to be sent at a later date? Seriously? If I were a dealer I would be pissed that I had to field all the inquiries and take the flak from my customers due to corporate inadequacies only to have my customers experience further delay.

What would make the second controller delayed? Have they tweaked something on the design of the controller and could only swing one per order right now?

Just confirmed with my dealer that they expect arrival of first shipment late this week or early next, depending on Customs. So they did ship to dealers a day or two earlier than to online customers. The delay in getting the second controller is only mildly annoying to me, as it will be a few days of getting comfortable with single controller flying, and I'll have to find a buddy to work second
My FedEx shipping confirmation has a delivery date of Monday, 01/05/2015. Several dealers, including B&H, have stated that they are expecting physical delivery this week, so it's possible that dealers were accommodated first in an earlier shipment.

Your dealer should be able to advise if they have received a shipping confirmation.

Just checked with my dealer, and you are right, they are expecting delivery end of this week. So they did get one or two day lead.

Who is your dealer? When people are referencing the place they bought it, why not say who that actually is? For instance, I just called B&H and they have not received any information about when they will receive their shipments from DJI. They also don't know when they will receive extra batteries.

Spoke with Dronefly.com on the phone and they said they think they will get theirs by the end of this week and have them ready to ship out the week of Jan. 5th.

Who is your dealer? When people are referencing the place they bought it, why not say who that actually is? For instance, I just called B&H and they have not received any information about when they will receive their shipments from DJI. They also don't know when they will receive extra batteries.

My dealer is 1UAS. They confirmed their 1st batch is shipping to them, expecting delivery to them at end of week. Probably means they'll ship to customers beginning of next week. CS also confirmed that extra batteries will ship with Inspire. Still have to wait for 2nd controller.

Reactions: jonathanivy
I have pre-ordered camera equipment from B&H before and then had the items shipped directly to me from the vendor (not via B&H). I wonder if that will be the case for the I1 . . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa