Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SRT files not playing in VLC

Reaction score
Am i missing something here? We are trying to get our SRT files up to see what was going on with some footage and it adds just fine as a subtitle but nothing appears on the screen?

Reactions: SanCap
Hi giumick -- Open the .MOV file in VLC media player. Once it's playing, at the top select Subtitles --> Add Subtitle File. Select the .SRT with the exact same name. I have included a screenshot of what you should see on your screen.

We use the .SRT to create moving maps (good for picture-in-picture of large sites so you know which part of the side your drone is surveying), but the readability in VLC is convenient.

add_subtitle_file.png

srt_file_example.jpg

Hi Nik, Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately i have already tried that and it comes on the screen Subtitle added but simply does not add it. Im wondering if there is a silly setting somewhere that needs changing so it shows.

Reactions: giumick
I'm sure you tried this, but under Subtitles --> Subtitle Track there's an option to Disable or select Track 1. Otherwise, I found a couple forums that might help. A good test may be to see if subtitle files from an actual movie are working for you.

Font issues: VLC not displaying subtitles - The VideoLAN Forums
Codec issues: The SRT File Is Not Displaying Subtitles on the VLC Player | Techwalla.com

I'm running Version 2.1.5 Rincewind on a Macbook.
Shouldn't there be an .SRT file on the sd card. I don't see it on my videos.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkyssmartwi-fi