Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Struggling with very bad quality footage - Help please

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am really struggling to get decent footage out my bird.

Everything i take seems to be grainy, misty to a point and blunt. Im not a massive expert when it comes to all these nifty settings (exposures, shutter speeds etc etc) so if anyone is willing to share any decent settings preferably for video. (but both video and camera would be great)

I tried without the filter yesterday and today i took some video with it on (thinking that may be the problem) but it didn't correct the issue at all.

Im gona upload a video to youtube witn no ND filter to see what you guys think. Just waiting for it to upload. Will link soon

FYI im recording in 1080p @ 50fps so the lack of 4k on my PC is not the issue. Is this a bad format to use?

I never had any of these issues with my PV+ and right now the footage from that is looking 100 times better than the inspire - HELP ME....

Why does everyone think they need to fiddle with the camera settings? If you know photography and/or videography, go for it! You'll love it! If you aren't proficient in controlling light, shoot on full auto. You'll love it!

Two basic rules to using the two filters. The clear filter is jut protection for the lens--doesn't effect incoming light. Use that one in low light situations. Use the "dark" filter (a neutral density filter to reduce the light coming into the lens) on bright sunny days.

Buy a book on the introduction to photography (same for video cameras) and READ IT. Don't just look at the pictures. ;)

Question: Why are you shooting in 1080p?

im shooting in 1080p because i want to combine some footage from a P2 using a go pro so i wanted them to be in the same format.

I will try the settings in full Auto and see how i get on.

for info video here:

It's hard to say what the problem is looking at highly compressed footage on YouTube (insofar as sharpness and noise are concerned). The footage is flat, but so in the lighting. It does not appear to be over exposed, as you have a fair amount of detail in the highlight (sky) area.

Are you attempting to grade you footage? What editing software are you using? Do you know how to work with levels?

No im fairly new to the whole editing and video settings side, I use vegas pro to do my post editing.

BTW - just went back out and reset all to default settings - way better... Thanks

Maybe i should stop trying to be an expert and walk before i can run...

Reactions: Kilrah and Soflms
No im fairly new to the whole editing and video settings side, I use vegas pro to do my post editing.

BTW - just went back out and reset all to default settings - way better... Thanks

Maybe i should stop trying to be an expert and walk before i can run...

You and me both. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry