Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

T-Motor Carbon Fiber props

Yes. That's my setup (except I have two sets of adapters, one set for each set of props). If it's any consolation, it only hurts the first time you pull out the credit card. Once you fly them you forget the pain :)
Thanks. I will take the plunge. I didn't take up quad-copter flying to save money and so far I haven't.

Reactions: Ezookiel
I've had to adjust gains to dial things back for the CF props for AP. I don't have settings in front of me but if I recall I dialed back attitude and brake at least.

I'll find out on the X5R hopefully soon but for handling in gusty wind, the plastic props bounce me around plenty but the 14 CF props are rock solid. The wind needs to move the entire aircraft I guess which takes more energy to move than flexible props.

All I know is with the 14" CF props the platform is more stable in winds.
Couldn't agree more with that!!!

Carbon fiber all the way. 13" 13x4.4 for agility, testing, fun and recreational flying and 14" 14x4.8 for aerial photography, stability in windy conditions, heavy lifting (and elevation).

LP adapters.

View attachment 7083View attachment 7084View attachment 7085View attachment 7086View attachment 7087View attachment 7088View attachment 7089View attachment 7090View attachment 7091
Carbon fiber all the way. 13" 13x4.4 for agility, testing, fun and recreational flying and 14" 14x4.8 for aerial photography, stability in windy conditions, heavy lifting (and elevation).

LP adapters.

View attachment 7083View attachment 7084View attachment 7085View attachment 7086View attachment 7087View attachment 7088View attachment 7089View attachment 7090View attachment 7091

Hey do the T props come with the top plate and screws ?

A few notes on LP adapters:

The question keeps coming up: what's so special about LP adapters? The FAQ PDF covers much of this but one thing it doesn't cover is that Lynh's adapters account for harmonic resonance inherent with CF props, which, at certain RPM can produce prop oscillations.

Those oscillations can shake the motors and craft with vibrations that create rolling shutter artifacts ("jello") in video and wear and tear on the aircraft that can result in structural cracks in the motor mounts and shortened motor life.

It's a really key point and if you want to know how they accomplish this, well, that's the secret sauce.

BTW, if this sounds strange or you've never heard of CF prop resonant harmonic oscillations, the DJI support folks themselves warn against CF props on the Inspire since you'll get jello in video (due to harmonic resonance oscillations).

And that is true - if you just mount the CF props directly on the motor bell or use an adapter that doesn't account for it.

And to the question: why are they so expensive?

They are expensive because it took 8 months of R&D and many iterations to figure out a solution to safely mount CF props on the Inspire. Anyone can mill a chunk of aluminum. Knowing how to kill the main problem with CF props in the process is what people are paying for.

That and the quality of the product (Jon Barmby test flew EVERY set of adapters himself before shipping for the first 6 months they were making them), plus the best personalized direct access 24x7 to the inventor in a private group after purchase.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated in any way with anyone other my primary employer who makes software and provides cloud services and has absolutely nothing to do with drones other than making creative tools for cinematographers and photographers to use to polish their finished product.

LP adapters.

Hey damoncopper i was thinking get some Lynh Phan adapters and T props.. Because you have to spin them on , how tight do you turn them so they do not spin off when hard braking the inspire ?

I use them on my birds and also just became a dealer for them. I tighten mine the same force as you use to open a picked jar. I know it sounds stupid but I snug mine pretty good. Hope all is well

Hey damoncopper i was thinking get some Lynh Phan adapters and T props.. Because you have to spin them on , how tight do you turn them so they do not spin off when hard braking the inspire ?

Just hand tighten yeah. From the FAQ

7) Are propeller locks needed?

No. The precision aluminum LP Adapter plate has been designed for use with the supported CF props and bring together a high grade aluminum spindle and motor mount directly.

The props simply need to be hand‑tightened to ensure their secure attachment.
Some DJI 1345 self-tightening plastic props had imperfect threads and gave users feedback that they were properly tightened and secured when the thread was not fully seated on the motor. This lead to propellers unthreading with the active braking feature of the Inspire motors and led DJI to issue propeller locks as a result.

With the precision engineered CNC machined aircraft aluminum billet LP Adapter plates, improper threading construction is not a concern and propeller locks are not needed.

Dropbox - inspire precision cf hub faq v4.pdf

They are a very serious ripoff. While I have them too, they are not worth it. You find the same thing and better for less than a third of the price. Also the so called 24/7 direct access is useless, as the smallest mention of anything else gets you booted.

They are a very serious ripoff. While I have them too, they are not worth it. You find the same thing and better for less than a third of the price. Also the so called 24/7 direct access is useless, as the smallest mention of anything else gets you booted.

I respectfully disagree but you are definitely entitled to your opinion and I respect that.

those props do not worth even the carbon they are made of.

on the adaptors i have them and i do think they are really really overpriced, and that i believe the engineering they present may be the same as other cheaper ones. but free market is what is is.

on the props there is a reason why tmotor and XOAR price their props as they do, and is not just brand.

those props do not worth even the carbon they are made of.

on the adaptors i have them and i do think they are really really overpriced, and that i believe the engineering they present may be the same as other cheaper ones. but free market is what is is.

on the props there is a reason why tmotor and XOAR price their props as they do, and is not just brand.
You mean these I have a set of them to image.jpeg

Reactions: RDTech
Which company makes the adapters for a cheaper price .. I am on my wife's budget. If I spend too much $$$ , I am I the dog house ! LOL !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell