Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Tablet rebooted, and my I1 tried to reach the moon!

Reaction score
So I had my inspire 1 out at the local RC airstrip practicing basic flight when my android nexus tablet I was using to run the Go program rebooted, and the drone shot straight up at full speed.

I managed to land it, using the RC with no control app running, (the tablet was still rebooting)

Which got me thinking, is this normal? How often does this happen? If it had flown forward at full speed it would have been dangerous.

I'm not sure if my attempts to land it were fully to credit for landing it, or if it just naturally came to a landing when it realized it wasn't getting a good signal from the app...

Kinda scary.

I've had my tablet crash many times. I dont think that's normal. For a while the DJI app would crash almost every flight, and I never once lost control. I've never had it fully shut off before but something seems off...

The app crashing will not affect flight control at all. All control of the inspire and telemetry is fhss 2.4ghz via your rc direct to your i1.
The app is just a overlay, and will not cause your inspire to just gain altitude for no apparent reason

Last edited:
It can lock the video output and control for a short while during which the RC waits for the app to respond, until it times out and decides to continue on its own.
Disconnecting the USB cable speeds things up as once physical connection is lost it makes no more sense waiting and it unlocks instantly.

Lipp_24, that may be the case, but the l1 definitely responded without my input. And it did so at the same time the tablet rebooted. So there's something happening.

Kilrah, That sounds halfway like what I experienced, the upward movement was unexpected though since I was not pressing up on the controls at the time. I was descending.

Anyway, I think next time I go out I'm going to practice unplugging the tablet and landing without it.

Lipp_24, that may be the case, but the l1 definitely responded without my input. And it did so at the same time the tablet rebooted. So there's something happening.

Kilrah, That sounds halfway like what I experienced, the upward movement was unexpected though since I was not pressing up on the controls at the time. I was descending.

Anyway, I think next time I go out I'm going to practice unplugging the tablet and landing without it.
Hey Gerken. ..
Seems like the fun never stops with your inspire1. ..
I assume this is a brand new I1??
You might want to do a fresh imu calibration if you haven't done it already on a perfectly level surface away from any interference while the i1 is cold..
I have a friend that's went through this issue before and dji said it was the imu and needed calibration.. He hasn't had this happened since he reclaibrated his imu..
Also make sure that you don't move the i1 during start up or before taking off. ..
If this doesn't make any difference then id suggest calling dji again even though you've done so already a couple of times and see about having it checked out..

Reactions: The Editor
was not the moonshot merely the inspire climbing during a return to home reaction to the signal loss?

Maybe, but if so it was terribly confused since return to home shouldn't require it to gain 100 feet of altitude.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08