Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

TB47 not charging

Reaction score
Hey everyone, (warning: wall of text)
I recently bought an Inspire 1 with three TB47s. The seller had them stored away for 4 months or so.
One was swollen up a bit (it felt slightly soft on the sides), so I didn't try using that one at all.
The other two turn on just fine (Showing very low charge), but if you connect them to a charger (even for multiple hours), they stay at 1 blinking light forever (the one furthest away from the power button, indicating charge below 20%). However, this light stays blinking even after disconnecting the charger!
So far I've tried disconnecting the balancer wire inside for 30min and then turning it back on. After that it seemed to be working normally, but still didn't charge above 1 blinking light. After unplugging it after a while, the same problem as before appeared again - the light stayed blinking infinitely and didn't respond to any button commands. The only way to turn it off was to disconnect the balancer wire again.

Are these batteries beyond saving? They're not under warranty anymore, so replacing them would suck...
Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
Closus

Hey everyone, (warning: wall of text)
I recently bought an Inspire 1 with three TB47s. The seller had them stored away for 4 months or so.
One was swollen up a bit (it felt slightly soft on the sides), so I didn't try using that one at all.
The other two turn on just fine (Showing very low charge), but if you connect them to a charger (even for multiple hours), they stay at 1 blinking light forever (the one furthest away from the power button, indicating charge below 20%). However, this light stays blinking even after disconnecting the charger!
So far I've tried disconnecting the balancer wire inside for 30min and then turning it back on. After that it seemed to be working normally, but still didn't charge above 1 blinking light. After unplugging it after a while, the same problem as before appeared again - the light stayed blinking infinitely and didn't respond to any button commands. The only way to turn it off was to disconnect the balancer wire again.

Are these batteries beyond saving? They're not under warranty anymore, so replacing them would suck...
Thanks a lot in advance for any help!
Closus
The same way a rock climber is unlikely to trust second hand climbing ropes, the same could be said for second hand lipos that show signs of degradation - you need to be able to rely on them to keep you up there!
I would consign them to the great lipo battery graveyard (not in the sky :)), bite the bullet, swallow hard, reach for the credit card and get yourself some new unused packs you can trust and know the history off.
Why risk it?

Reactions: Closus
Thanks for the advice! :)
I did indeed bite the bullet and got a new battery. BUT the seller of the drone contacted me and said he's getting them all replaced under warranty for free, since he seems to have 24mo warranty on them (seems weird to me, but could be due to my country's warranty laws).
But for now, the Inspire is flying perfectly! :) It's just not as sneaky as my P3P and I obviously need more batteries - 4 sounds good for sure...
Closus

Reactions: pulsar747n
Good advice. I had two seemingly bricked by 2 months of storage. Managed to bring one back via the Lynh Phan method of disconnecting the loom and charging directly including a reset. The second one shows 22 volts but no response via "smart board".

Any other tricks or suggestions out there??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool