Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Transitioning to an Inspire from Phantom

Reaction score
Website
goaerial.media
Any pointers or video tutorials for a P4 pilot moving to an Inspire? The P4 nose pretty much dictated where the camera was looking. With the 360 pan, I need up my flying/shooting mindset.

This is sort of like when I went from single engine to multi for my private license. The Baron landing speed was higher than the cruise of the Cessna.

Welcome to the big league!!
Hint for solo operation. Map out flight using waypoints. Then bird can re-fly it freeing you to operate camera.

Reactions: Fly Gary
you can keep the gimbal locked to the nose (follow mode) just like the P4, thing to remember is when you put it in free mode is that it isn't always facing forwards - use the FPV cam if needed, or simply reset the gimbal back to forward facing.

Biggest thing transitioning from the Phantoms to the I2 is how much more power and instant response you have - where the Phantom takes time to get places, the I2 is there before you've realised it :D - it'll happily slip up to 30mph+ and hit 400ft without batting an eyelid, so you have to ease back quite a bit and be gentler on your control stick inputs! If you fly the P4 then the I2 immediately after I'd also say watch your landing approach speed - it's easy to come in hot with the I2 after the P4 ;) !

Reactions: Fly Gary
you can keep the gimbal locked to the nose (follow mode) just like the P4, thing to remember is when you put it in free mode is that it isn't always facing forwards - use the FPV cam if needed, or simply reset the gimbal back to forward facing.

Biggest thing transitioning from the Phantoms to the I2 is how much more power and instant response you have - where the Phantom takes time to get places, the I2 is there before you've realised it :D - it'll happily slip up to 30mph+ and hit 400ft without batting an eyelid, so you have to ease back quite a bit and be gentler on your control stick inputs! If you fly the P4 then the I2 immediately after I'd also say watch your landing approach speed - it's easy to come in hot with the I2 after the P4 ;) !

Great suggestion on follow mode for the initial flights. Hope to make the maiden flight tomorrow if the wind dies down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips