Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Turned off RC/drone during update, now RC wont install firmware or connect to drone.

Reaction score
Hello. Because I'm an idiot, I turned off the RC while it was doing the RC firmware upgrade (blue light blinking and intermitent beeps) whilst connected to the drome camera via usb. Now the controller doesnt make any sound when I turn it on and the main LED on the RC is WHITE (not red, blue or green). I can't do anything to reconnect the controller back to the drone, and it doesn't respond to me inserting the .bin file directly to the RC. Ive tried this many times, each time formatting the usb drive (to FAT32 exFAT and FAT16) before everything to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem?

My drone produced the following file:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 unsynchronized ======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

and the RC produed this one (apparently it lives in 1970):

==========1970.01.01 00:00:12==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin,
Result: Error
Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again.

Any comment on the matter is greatly apreciated :)

Simply remove the log file from the SD, and try to upgrade the controller again. You upgraded the aircraft with no problem. It will not work until you get the corresponding upgrade installed on the controller, which you aborted.

Hello. Because I'm an idiot, I turned off the RC while it was doing the RC firmware upgrade (blue light blinking and intermitent beeps) whilst connected to the drome camera via usb. Now the controller doesnt make any sound when I turn it on and the main LED on the RC is WHITE (not red, blue or green). I can't do anything to reconnect the controller back to the drone, and it doesn't respond to me inserting the .bin file directly to the RC. Ive tried this many times, each time formatting the usb drive (to FAT32 exFAT and FAT16) before everything to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem?

My drone produced the following file:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 unsynchronized ======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

and the RC produed this one (apparently it lives in 1970):

Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again.

Any comment on the matter is greatly apreciated :)

There is a rescue file posted for the white LED, a little search should bring it up.

I am having the same problem, can you be more specific about where to find this "rescue file"?

Here are the exact steps I followed:

- Extract WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin to SD card root
- Insert in drone (firmware previously updated to v1.2.0.16), run update
-> WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt contains "Result: success"
- Delete WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt
- Plug SD card reader in slave RC (firmware previously not updated)
- Run update (switch on, wait 1 minute, wait until beeping stops and LED is green)
- Plug SD card reader in master RC (firmware previously updated to v1.2.0.16)
- Run update (switch on, wait 1 minute, wait until beeping stops and LED is red)
-> WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt contains "Result: error"

- Plug SD card reader in master RC
- Wait, nothing happens
-> WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt contains

- Retry 3 times, every time deleting WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt
-> always get the same error

It seems that this guy and this guy also have the same problem, but neither of them has a solution...

I am having the same problem, can you be more specific about where to find this "rescue file"?

Here are the exact steps I followed:

- Extract WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin to SD card root
- Insert in drone (firmware previously updated to v1.2.0.16), run update
- Plug SD card reader in slave RC (firmware previously not updated)
- Run update (switch on, wait 1 minute, wait until beeping stops and LED is green)
- Plug SD card reader in master RC (firmware previously updated to v1.2.0.16)
- Run update (switch on, wait 1 minute, wait until beeping stops and LED is red)
-> WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt contains "Result: error"

- Plug SD card reader in master RC
- Wait, nothing happens
-> WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt contains

- Retry 3 times, every time deleting WM610_FW_RESULT_GS.txt
-> always get the same error

It seems that this guy and this guy also have the same problem, but neither of them has a solution...

You will need these instructions...... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showatt.php?attachmentid=7628590&d=1425339372

And a copy of the 'Voodoo file' called gs_ofdm.bin. I do not have a link to that file I'm afraid as the Dropbox links are down.
Once you have a copy of that file follow the instructions in the pdf EXACTLY and you should have a recovered TX up and working again.

Please note, I make no warranty or guarantee with regards to the above procedure and you do so at your own risk. It has worked for others with the 'White light of death' on their RC.

Reactions: John Archer
Hi all,
I believe I have the exact same issue. I was upgrading my RC from 1.6 to 1.8 but after 20 minutes the status kept on being at 0% of the upgrade. I turned the controller off and when I turned it back on, it didn't connect to the APP nor drone, didn't make any sound and the light was green.
Every post I've read suggest I should upgrade the drone (inspire 1 RAW, which is still at 1.6) but I don't want to upgrade it, since it was all working fine for me. Is there any way I can get my RC back to the 1.6 version and start communicating with the drone again???
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Hi all,
I believe I have the exact same issue. I was upgrading my RC from 1.6 to 1.8 but after 20 minutes the status kept on being at 0% of the upgrade. I turned the controller off and when I turned it back on, it didn't connect to the APP nor drone, didn't make any sound and the light was green.
Every post I've read suggest I should upgrade the drone (inspire 1 RAW, which is still at 1.6) but I don't want to upgrade it, since it was all working fine for me. Is there any way I can get my RC back to the 1.6 version and start communicating with the drone again???
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
It is likely your RC wasn't actually upgraded so have you tried re-linking your aircraft to the remote as per the user manual instructions using the red bind button on the Inspire?
It is worth a shot although you should be able to enter the Go App and as you say you can't this may indicate another problem which will need the R/C resetting as mentioned in this thread.
Also, as per the release notes in bold font... for v1.8 firmware it is important you update your aircraft BEFORE your remote as otherwise you may have issues with the aircraft being stuck in landing mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko