Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Unable to "Enter Camera View" on new app

Reaction score
First time I updated to Go app it would only allow me to enter camera view for a Phantom 3 Standard, see screen shot, even though I don't have a Phantom 3. Screen shot 2.jpg and I am sitting in front of my Inspire which is linked to TX as I can still start motors and tilt camera. I downloaded (Inspire) app from DJI site.
Dji support said uninstall app and re-install as they had "fixed" some bugs.
Have done that today.
Now I do not get option to "Enter Camera View" at all,
Screen shot 1.jpg Tablet is a Samsung S 8.4, not perfect but used to work. Firmware latest.
What am I missing ? apart from a full head of hair which I have now torn out.

I have the same problem with the Go app on my android tablet. Haven`t updated my iPad mini and have no issues with the old Pilot app. So for me it`s clearly not a bad USB port or a cable (tried different ones)

Try a different USB cable
Tried that 3 different ones in fact, but thanks for the help. Have been emailing support and they have just told me to send in the RC, saying update caused problem.
This was after going through the whole gamut of options, downdating to previous firmware, trying Aviators patch files, throwing toys out of the cot. I tried everything.
Still not flying yet.
Next firmware update should have RTDJI never mind RTH!!!!!!

Last edited:
mine was sent in last week usb port problem funny how it failed on the firmware update

First time I updated to Go app it would only allow me to enter camera view for a Phantom 3 Standard, see screen shot, even though I don't have a Phantom 3. View attachment 3301 and I am sitting in front of my Inspire which is linked to TX as I can still start motors and tilt camera. I downloaded (Inspire) app from DJI site.
Dji support said uninstall app and re-install as they had "fixed" some bugs.
Have done that today.
Now I do not get option to "Enter Camera View" at all,
View attachment 3302 Tablet is a Samsung S 8.4, not perfect but used to work. Firmware latest.
What am I missing ? apart from a full head of hair which I have now torn out.

Same screen, same problem.
Let me know how it works out for you...

Had the same issue and it is Android related. It is working perfectly normal after update with Iphone but not the Android.
It is not the cable - I'm using the same cable for Iphone(with Lightening to MicroUSB connector) and Android

Have you tried deleting EVERYTHING DJI Pilot app related first?
I don't mean an uninstall, you need to download an explorer type app like x-plore for Android. Then make sure you clear out everything DJI related then reboot your tablet, then Install DJI GO App.

Oh yes went through everything drove me crazy,then i called DJI and Oscar did some tests and verified that the usb port was shot and thats why i could not get an update and could not get past the first screen on the dji GO
So now its a 8 week wait until a return

It's hard to believe I'm experiencing the same thing (no camera view available in DJI GO app) at the end of October, when the last post here is from August. You'd think they would have worked the bugs out by now. I just got my AC/RC back from repairs after 9 weeks without it and now I can't even fly it! You know they've had it for a while when there's been 2 firmware updates while it's been gone...lol. I updated firmware on AC to v1.4.0.10 without a problem when I got it back. RC unit won't respond to USB thumb drive with bin file trying to upgrade to v1.3.0.00 (since there isn't an RC update in the 4.0 version and I'm not sure what version is currently in the RC because I have NO CAMERA VIEW available).

As unlucky timing would have it, when it first got it back (before the 10/06/2015 DJI GO app update), I was able to get at least a "camera view" screen with all the categories and options. However, the camera's view would not display and at the top of the screen it said disconnected, although I was able to control the gimbal with RC. That's when I went ahead and upgraded the firmware on the AC. Now, after updating the app with QR code, I can't get a camera view screen at all, despite AC with slow flashing green LED and solid green light on RC and, again, ability to control gimbal movement up and down with RC. Any thoughts?

Sounds like your usb port failed..
it's suggested to update the rc first to 1.3 before upgrading your ac..
the only thing to try is to load the 1.3 firmware to your remote by any means...
try different sd cards and readers multiple times and if your ac was at 1.3 you could have used the usb cord to the back of the camera to the rc..
good luck!!
Turn around times are three weeks now at dji la..
you know the drill. .
turbo. ..
It's hard to believe I'm experiencing the same thing (no camera view available in DJI GO app) at the end of October, when the last post here is from August. You'd think they would have worked the bugs out by now. I just got my AC/RC back from repairs after 9 weeks without it and now I can't even fly it! You know they've had it for a while when there's been 2 firmware updates while it's been gone...lol. I updated firmware on AC to v1.4.0.10 without a problem when I got it back. RC unit won't respond to USB thumb drive with bin file trying to upgrade to v1.3.0.00 (since there isn't an RC update in the 4.0 version and I'm not sure what version is currently in the RC because I have NO CAMERA VIEW available).

As unlucky timing would have it, when it first got it back (before the 10/06/2015 DJI GO app update), I was able to get at least a "camera view" screen with all the categories and options. However, the camera's view would not display and at the top of the screen it said disconnected, although I was able to control the gimbal with RC. That's when I went ahead and upgraded the firmware on the AC. Now, after updating the app with QR code, I can't get a camera view screen at all, despite AC with slow flashing green LED and solid green light on RC and, again, ability to control gimbal movement up and down with RC. Any thoughts?

Sounds like your usb port failed..
it's suggested to update the rc first to 1.3 before upgrading your ac..
the only thing to try is to load the 1.3 firmware to your remote by any means...
try different sd cards and readers multiple times and if your ac was at 1.3 you could have used the usb cord to the back of the camera to the rc..
good luck!!
Turn around times are three weeks now at dji la..
you know the drill. .
turbo. ..
Thanks. I realized my mistake after it was too late (with regard to updating the AC first). It shouldn't be this hard!!!! It's like playing with gasoline. One wrong move and...boom. I should mention that when I received my repaired AC back during the last week of September, I noticed the RC I sent in seemed to be replaced by a new one, because it was all wrapped in shrink-wrap plastic (including the antennas) and came with a new tablet mount (I had not sent in my mount). You would think that it would arrive with the 1.3 firmware, as that was released 8/4/2015. So, likely there wouldn't be any benefit to hard-wiring the gimbal (if camera was updated with 1.3 firmware as you described) to the RC, especially if it's USB port failure (which seems unlikely if it's a brand new unit). I will try the suggestion with different readers and cards, but I think it's app-related. I will try completely uninstalling the old pilot app (and it's remnants) and new GO app, and then reinstalling the GO app (as was suggested by someone else.

Thanks. I realized my mistake after it was too late (with regard to updating the AC first). It shouldn't be this hard!!!! It's like playing with gasoline. One wrong move and...boom. I should mention that when I received my repaired AC back during the last week of September, I noticed the RC I sent in seemed to be replaced by a new one, because it was all wrapped in shrink-wrap plastic (including the antennas) and came with a new tablet mount (I had not sent in my mount). You would think that it would arrive with the 1.3 firmware, as that was released 8/4/2015. So, likely there wouldn't be any benefit to hard-wiring the gimbal (if camera was updated with 1.3 firmware as you described) to the RC, especially if it's USB port failure (which seems unlikely if it's a brand new unit). I will try the suggestion with different readers and cards, but I think it's app-related. I will try completely uninstalling the old pilot app (and it's remnants) and new GO app, and then reinstalling the GO app (as was suggested by someone else.
Try a different tablet or phone ..

The moment you tried to connect your rc with the go app is when i believe it fried the port although some rc's aren't effected. .
I had the same issue as you did and it turned out to be the usb port...
some pilots remedy this by deleting the go app completely, some by using different cards and readers,some by the aviators patch..the rest have had bad ports...
Try a different tablet or phone ..

I have a similar issue with my nVidia Shield. I go to the Android developer options, disable and then reenable USB debugging and then Android asks me which app I'd like to open and voila I am then able to enter live camera view in the DJI GO app.

Hope this helps for you all!

I have a similar issue with my nVidia Shield. I go to the Android developer options, disable and then reenable USB debugging and then Android asks me which app I'd like to open and voila I am then able to enter live camera view in the DJI GO app.

Hope this helps for you all!
If your tablet asks you to enable usb debugging the port is working. ..
if you turn on your tablet and it doesn't ask to allow usb debugging your usb port is bad ..that's with a shield. .
I'm not sure if ios works the same ..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian