Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Updated the Flight Restriction Zone database?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
I am running FW 1.4 and was considering updating today to the most recent version. I noticed in the release notes for 1.9.1 that there is an update to the Flight Restriction Zone database. What is this? is this a reference tool or a way to restrict actual flight?

Thanks and fly safely!

rb

I am running FW 1.4 and was considering updating today to the most recent version. I noticed in the release notes for 1.9.1 that there is an update to the Flight Restriction Zone database. What is this? is this a reference tool or a way to restrict actual flight?

Thanks and fly safely!

rb
Just updated areas of no flight like more smaller county air ports and other fcc towers. The only way is if you have a license to fly and get access to space being restricted and having sdk access from dji to lift flight restrictions. Other wise map will be hi lighted in red on the radius around no fly area.

Just updated areas of no flight like more smaller county air ports and other fcc towers. The only way is if you have a license to fly and get access to space being restricted and having sdk access from dji to lift flight restrictions. Other wise map will be hi lighted in red on the radius around no fly area.

What license to fly? There are many opinions on licensing..:) #333, 107, FAA Small UAS Cert of Registration :)

Sorry to ask you to requalify that, but is this a visual aid within the app, or does it actually mechanically restrict flight?

Thank you for the clarification! That is a very good reason NOT to upgrade and the clarity that I was looking for. It's not that I have any interest or intentions on flying into restricted air space, but most of my work is close and cinematic and there is no way I can afford to not put my bird up 5, 10, 20 or 30 "feet" in the air because I am near an airpot. It's to bad they can't just restrict elevation to 40/50 ft in questionable airspace vs. grounding you.

Again, thanks for the clarification.

rb

I remember seeing the red no fly zones marked on the map of the DJI app a while ago but none are showing on the most recent update.

Two questions:

1. Is there a place I can view all of the active no fly zones to check before setting off to a location?

2. I have a PfAW and occasionally gain permissions for flying with UK restricted zones (I will be operating in EGR444 over the next 3 weeks), how do I remove the no fly restriction to allow me to operate my Inspire within the zone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan