Video Record Issue. Anyone experience this?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
I was filming a car chase scene and it required long flights of 4000 plus feet back and forth. I noticed for the first time in over a year of recording that on 2 separate occasions a video clip would freeze on playback and stay on that screen for the remaining play time of the video. i.e the first 3 minutes were fine but then it would freeze for the remaining 6 or 7 minutes.. In fairness this is the first time I have every recorded for 10 minutes straight and I am wondering if that was the reason. i.e. perhaps it is not recommend that a video be recorded non stop for that long? In the past I never recorded more than a few minutes before starting new clip with the longest being about 7 minutes and these were both north of 10 minutes.

Thoughts?

rb

I haven't had any issues like this and I have made several lengthy recordings. It shouldn't be freezing. If a recording time limit is reached the unit should just stop recording but I dont think this is the problem.

How old is the SD Card? They don't last forever.

I've had a similar situation occur where I begin recording and after about 20 seconds it stops all on it's own. I using a 64GB card so, it shouldn't be a capacity issue but, I can't seem to figure it out. I haven't determined if it's specific to that particular SIM card.

It's not a SIM card (sorry, pet peeve after working in a camera shop for a while). The issue is probably that it is not a "fast enough" MicroSD. for extended 4kvideo or 60FPS 1080 video you need a card that can write at 90+ Megabytes per second.