Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Video whilst using Grid WayPoint

Reaction score
Website
www.apaaustralia.com.au
Hi Members,

Just wondering if anyone has found an app that allows you to lay a grid waypoint over your area for inspection but use video instead of stills. I have tried maps made easy, drone deploy, pix4d. All these apps are great for photogrammetry but you can't stop the camera from taking photos and change over to video .

I like to do a flight and produce an orthomosaic say of a roof but then also have a video of the roof in the same flight pattern.

Any assistance would be great

Cheers

You could try Litchi waypoints and record a video of the mission or set it to automatically take a shot at each waypoint.

Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire
Thanks Eduardo.. I was considering Autopilot for DJI or Litchi but wasn't sure if it had a grid formation option (front/side overlap options) or if you have to manually put in the waypoints.
Thanks again... I might just pay for the download and give it a crack!

Thanks Eduardo.. I was considering Autopilot for DJI or Litchi but wasn't sure if it had a grid formation option (front/side overlap options) or if you have to manually put in the waypoints.
Thanks again... I might just pay for the download and give it a crack!

As far as I know, you will need to input individual waypoints, not aware of auto grid capability in Litchi. Suggested it more as a solution for video & pictures. ;)

I have a need for the same kind of navigation and control as APA Australia is asking about. I'd like to fly a grid with slight overlap capturing video AND maintaining the live feed to monitor the view. When something of interest was found during the grid navigation I interrupt the auto navigation and take over manually.

Has anyone found a way to do this with autopilot, maps made easy, drone deploy or another software? It would be really time-consuming and tough to do manually with the dji go app or Litchi. I love the way drone deploy creates a grid but you lose full-screen live view and it only takes photos, not video.

Thanks,
Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop