Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Would be involved in swapping the LEDs in the landing gear?

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what would be involved in swapping the LEDs in the landing gear? It looks like there might be a plate that snaps off, and I am wondering if the wires are soldered or have a plug.

I ask because it is conventional for aircraft to have the green lights on the right and red on the left. Moving the LEDs so the right landing gear has the green front and back and the reds on the left front and back would be more conventional (not that it really matters) and it would also mean that in poor visibility (distance, smoke or haze) moving the stick to the right will translate the aircraft towards the green light. Not a big deal, I know, and not really like the full size A/C because they have white on the rear, not side colors, but is was just something I was wondering about.

I would imagine they are accesible when the motor has been lifted out. Even if there is no plug, two wires would be easy enough to solder.

I would imagine they are accesible when the motor has been lifted out. Even if there is no plug, two wires would be easy enough to solder.

I've been wanting to do this too. Maybe white at the front and red at the back. The current colours make no sense to me.

I've been wanting to do this too. Maybe white at the front and red at the back. The current colours make no sense to me.
I agree, red and green mean nothing to me, at least white and red would be more intuitive for people that dont fly or understand conventional aircraft lighting systems.

The only thing to remember (and the only one that really matters) is if you see 2 greens you know the nose is facing away = no control inversion. Pretty easy, no?

Reactions: GaryW and PB30X
I don't think so. Much harder to distinguish white from red than green from red when at a distance.

Mimicking the conventional aircraft lighting system might be a smart move longer term for DJI as UAVs are further integrated into the airspace.

ADS-B transponders and strobes are probably not a bad idea either.

Reactions: UAVLounge
Has anybody actually done this swap and/ or made a tutorial?

Does it void the warranty?

I just bought an Inspire and learning how to fly it at any distance is pretty confusing after a lifetime of staring at red tail lights which meant they were moving away.

Has anybody actually done this swap and/ or made a tutorial?

Does it void the warranty?

I just bought an Inspire and learning how to fly it at any distance is pretty confusing after a lifetime of staring at red tail lights which meant they were moving away.
The swap would be pointless as the LEDs would remain the same colors.
They are tri-color coloured LEDs and their color is determined by the flight controller via the esc. Not by a coloured led/bulb.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44