Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wow!!!! I received a brand new Version B...........

Where do you get your information? I haven't heard of any issues what so ever with the QR props. I saw one post where the base cracked.... Could have been a material defect or over tightening.... Hardly a major issue.

There is a thread about it on Inspire Pilots forum, o_O
Personally, I don't want any props (responsible for keeping my 4k bird in the air) to have the name "quick release" associated with them, but that's just MY preference. :)
(I am a big fan of the prop locks and have plenty of time to take them on and off when needed)
http://www.inspirepilots.com/thread...spire-1s-due-to-qr-prop-system-failures.3364/

Carl

Last edited:
Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you tell which model of Inspire 1 you have? The serial number behind the battery compartment doesn't seem to indicate a model number.

Thanks
Andy.

I just check mine and i see Craft S/N W13DCA13020878 can anybody tell which version it is ? and below that has a Date code which means nothing to me.

Hmmmm I have version B it came with screw on props and prop locks....

Hmmmm I have version B it came with screw on props and prop locks....

I seem to remember reading that prop locks were added to previously boxed Inspires by dealers and / or the factory... not sure. The same may also be true of the Quick Release props as they are easily added.

Try this...
Great Info!! I!!! The DJI Village Idiot I chatted with had no clue to the fact that there were different versions. I'm curious if the dealers and 3rd party distributors are aware. B&H claimed they had no way of telling. I find that hard to believe.

It says on the outer box what version it is. When I got mine (UK) I called a dealer just down the road from me called wex photographic and asked if their stock was Rev D, they said that can't really ckeck that. I then called a dealer called CVP and within 60 seconds the guy checked and confirmed they were Rev D. CVP got my cash!

Reactions: FangsCPO
Mine was ordered direct from DJI. WIll be here friday. What version to you think I will get? D? I would assume so, since it's straight from them.

So this morning I called their Customer Service Rep and she confirmed that she had received my e-mail regarding the version situation. According to her, their buyer was under the impression they had the latest model. I assured them that they didn't. She then asked where did get this info? DJI? I told her No!..from your previous customers who have received version D and they purchased their Inspire 1 long before I bought mine. So now I'm waiting for her to look into it and see what's in their inventory. I gave her until tomorrow. She said i would either receive an e-mail today or tomorrow. I don't know why I have to wait. Just walk in your **** warehouse and look at the Inspire 1 boxes. You can't miss the large A, B, C, or D. So now my box sits in my living room still sealed and strapped.

Reactions: Drone Mastery
So this morning I called their Customer Service Rep and she confirmed that she had received my e-mail regarding the version situation. According to her, their buyer was under the impression they had the latest model. I assured them that they didn't. She then asked where did get this info? DJI? I told her No!..from your previous customers who have received version D and they purchased their Inspire 1 long before I bought mine. So now I'm waiting for her to look into it and see what's in their inventory. I gave her until tomorrow. She said i would either receive an e-mail today or tomorrow. I don't know why I have to wait. Just walk in your **** warehouse and look at the Inspire 1 boxes. You can't miss the large A, B, C, or D. So now my box sits in my living room still sealed and strapped.

I have had very good luck with B&H for many years. My guess is that she is nowhere near the warehouse. The reason I say that is that if I order from them, whatever I order is delivered the next day. If it was coming out of Manhattan, it would take a week! The other nice thing about B&H is their 30 day return policy. So if you don't get a reasonable answer soon, just send the unit back. Then order again.

I have had very good luck with B&H for many years. My guess is that she is nowhere near the warehouse. The reason I say that is that if I order from them, whatever I order is delivered the next day. If it was coming out of Manhattan, it would take a week! The other nice thing about B&H is their 30 day return policy. So if you don't get a reasonable answer soon, just send the unit back. Then order again.

I will be sending it back if I don't get a reasonable answer as for buying from them............I don't think I want to take that gamble again....unless they can guarantee me a Version D.

I am guessing we will all run it into the ground long before we have issues with the carbon fiber.

Greetings Fangs,

I ordered an Inspire 1 from B&H today Thursday with scheduled delivery tomorrow Friday. I'm curious which version I will get. I'm interested in their answer to you.

If landing gear improvements were made I assume I would want the latest version. Why buy a product that is mid-life cycle (i.e. months from being replaced) and not benefit from the prior months product development? All else equal....

I will be sending it back if I don't get a reasonable answer as for buying from them............I don't think I want to take that gamble again....unless they can guarantee me a Version D.

Greetings Fangs,

I ordered an Inspire 1 from B&H today Thursday with scheduled delivery tomorrow Friday. I'm curious which version I will get. I'm interested in their answer to you.

If landing gear improvements were made I assume I would want the latest version. Why buy a product that is mid-life cycle (i.e. months from being replaced) and not benefit from the prior months product development? All else equal....

Let me know what you get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08