Wow!!!! I received a brand new Version B...........

Where do you get your information? I haven't heard of any issues what so ever with the QR props. I saw one post where the base cracked.... Could have been a material defect or over tightening.... Hardly a major issue.

There is a thread about it on Inspire Pilots forum,
Personally, I don't want any props (responsible for keeping my 4k bird in the air) to have the name "quick release" associated with them, but that's just MY preference.
(I am a big fan of the prop locks and have plenty of time to take them on and off when needed)
http://www.inspirepilots.com/thread...spire-1s-due-to-qr-prop-system-failures.3364/

Carl

Last edited:
Sorry for the newbie question, but how do you tell which model of Inspire 1 you have? The serial number behind the battery compartment doesn't seem to indicate a model number.

Thanks
Andy.

I just check mine and i see Craft S/N W13DCA13020878 can anybody tell which version it is ? and below that has a Date code which means nothing to me.

Hmmmm I have version B it came with screw on props and prop locks....

Hmmmm I have version B it came with screw on props and prop locks....

I seem to remember reading that prop locks were added to previously boxed Inspires by dealers and / or the factory... not sure. The same may also be true of the Quick Release props as they are easily added.

Try this...
Great Info!! I!!! The DJI Village Idiot I chatted with had no clue to the fact that there were different versions. I'm curious if the dealers and 3rd party distributors are aware. B&H claimed they had no way of telling. I find that hard to believe.

It says on the outer box what version it is. When I got mine (UK) I called a dealer just down the road from me called wex photographic and asked if their stock was Rev D, they said that can't really ckeck that. I then called a dealer called CVP and within 60 seconds the guy checked and confirmed they were Rev D. CVP got my cash!

Reactions: FangsCPO
Mine was ordered direct from DJI. WIll be here friday. What version to you think I will get? D? I would assume so, since it's straight from them.

So this morning I called their Customer Service Rep and she confirmed that she had received my e-mail regarding the version situation. According to her, their buyer was under the impression they had the latest model. I assured them that they didn't. She then asked where did get this info? DJI? I told her No!..from your previous customers who have received version D and they purchased their Inspire 1 long before I bought mine. So now I'm waiting for her to look into it and see what's in their inventory. I gave her until tomorrow. She said i would either receive an e-mail today or tomorrow. I don't know why I have to wait. Just walk in your **** warehouse and look at the Inspire 1 boxes. You can't miss the large A, B, C, or D. So now my box sits in my living room still sealed and strapped.

Reactions: Drone Mastery

I have had very good luck with B&H for many years. My guess is that she is nowhere near the warehouse. The reason I say that is that if I order from them, whatever I order is delivered the next day. If it was coming out of Manhattan, it would take a week! The other nice thing about B&H is their 30 day return policy. So if you don't get a reasonable answer soon, just send the unit back. Then order again.

I will be sending it back if I don't get a reasonable answer as for buying from them............I don't think I want to take that gamble again....unless they can guarantee me a Version D.

I am guessing we will all run it into the ground long before we have issues with the carbon fiber.

Greetings Fangs,

I ordered an Inspire 1 from B&H today Thursday with scheduled delivery tomorrow Friday. I'm curious which version I will get. I'm interested in their answer to you.

If landing gear improvements were made I assume I would want the latest version. Why buy a product that is mid-life cycle (i.e. months from being replaced) and not benefit from the prior months product development? All else equal....

I will be sending it back if I don't get a reasonable answer as for buying from them............I don't think I want to take that gamble again....unless they can guarantee me a Version D.

Let me know what you get.