Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wow!!!! I received a brand new Version B...........

Reaction score
How can it be that everyone that I've read about on here has received a Version D from B& H and I get a **** Version B sent to me????? I'm not a very happy customer right now. It has a big letter "B" next to the serial number sticker. Any chance they ran out of D stickers and just stuck a B sticker on the box? LOL!!! Any other way to verify....without opening the box???

Sorry to hear that, I would rather own my "A" then "B" i don't trust the QR props. I would defiantly call them and let them know you want the most current model, if not send it back and call Copter Shop in Washington. I was reading a post that "the editor" put somewhere, where the "D" version landing gear was changed slightly..

Sorry to hear that, I would rather own my "A" then "B" i don't trust the QR props. I would defiantly call them and let them know you want the most current model, if not send it back and call Copter Shop in Washington. I was reading a post that "the editor" put somewhere, where the "D" version landing gear was changed slightly..
Yup, that is exactly why I wanted the D Version. I read about the landing gear improvement.

Hmmmm, I have a letter 'B' too just received last week from Amazon. No QR props.....????

Interesting, Perhaps you have the B+ version. lol..... Personally I think the self tightening props with locks are better at the moment..

Reactions: LockMD
Interesting, Perhaps you have the B+ version. lol..... Personally I think the self tightening props with locks are better at the moment..

So I've heard but I was more interested in the revision that's been done to the landing gear in Version D. I've read it's improved. I'm just not interested in opening the box and then having to repackage everything........I know that if I open box, I won't be sending it back. LOL!!! I'll wait to see what B & H wants to do. I'm also guessing that being that it's version B, it will have no prop locks and I'll have to wait again...so why not wait and just get Version D??

how do you tell what version we have ? got mine last wed. with easy locking props
thx jim

You should see a large sticker with a single letter.....A, B,C, or D next to the serial number, camera #, repeater # sticker.

I called copter shop when I ordered my I1 and asked specifically for an A model.
The B model's carbon fiber is proven to be weaker and delaminates and also looks like crap.
I am very happy with my A model and my 8 screw on props (with 2 packs prop locks).

Carl

Reactions: Drone Mastery
I called copter shop when I ordered my I1 and asked specifically for an A model.
The B model's carbon fiber is proven to be weaker and delaminates and also looks like crap.
I am very happy with my A model and my 8 screw on props (with 2 packs prop locks).

Carl
Interesting point about the carbon fiber pattern. That's the first I've heard about that. I had heard they had improved the carbon fiber and made it more durable and the military style pattern was also to my liking being retired military.

I ordered a single controller version from B&H 5/20 and got "D" version strange you got a "B". Had to send it back to get it exchanged though because one of the front red LEDs doesn't turn on when you arm motors. You have to squeeze around plastic area then it comes on.

I had heard they had improved the carbon fiber and made it more durable and the military style pattern was also to my liking being retired military.

Who did you hear that from, lol?
I heard they improved the prop situation with the "quick release".
(I guess that wasn't true either). :eek:

Carl

I ordered a single controller version from B&H 5/20 and got "D" version strange you got a "B". Had to send it back to get it exchanged though because one of the front red LEDs doesn't turn on when you arm motors. You have to squeeze around plastic area then it comes on.

My x-wife was the same way :mad:

Reactions: Magicman98445

Carl
Carl.... That is a ridiculous statement that has no basis in fact. Research the two manufacturing methods and for the level of use on the Inspire there is no difference in which method is used. As for your claim of delamination I don't know of anyone experiencing this issue. Not saying there aren't any, but either method has a possibility of defects and it is certainly not a major issue.

Who did you hear that from, lol?
I heard they improved the prop situation with the "quick release".
(I guess that wasn't true either). :eek:

Carl
Where do you get your information? I haven't heard of any issues what so ever with the QR props. I saw one post where the base cracked.... Could have been a material defect or over tightening.... Hardly a major issue.

Carl.... That is a ridiculous statement that has no basis in fact. Research the two manufacturing methods and for the level of use on the Inspire there is no difference in which method is used. As for your claim of delamination I don't know of anyone experiencing this issue. Not saying there aren't any, but either method has a possibility of defects and it is certainly not a major issue.

Listen friend, I read about it on RCG (so it must be true) - lol
Actually the statement is Fact based. I did indeed read all about the manufacturing methods of the two different types. They are NOT the same. The 2nd version/army version is less expensive to make, and does indeed delaminate, (research it yourself). Several guys on rcg seen the delamination, (not bad, just a few strands, but still), then researched it and posted their findings.

I can tell you one thing, after reading all about the 2 methods, I was sure to make personal contact with Copter Shop, requesting an A version. Andrew put me on hold, went in the back, then came back and told me he had one. I immediately gave him my cc card.

I hope you enjoy your B version as much as I am enjoying my A version.
IMHO, the looks are much better and the tube won't crack if you look at it funny, (and no strings of c/f coming off). :)

Carl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth