Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

X4S Gimbal Pan Broke after Firmware Update (Beware!)

Here's a little

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170303-232039.png
    Screenshot_20170303-232039.png
    241.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20170304-124154.png
    Screenshot_20170304-124154.png
    311.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20170304-124214.png
    Screenshot_20170304-124214.png
    305.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20170304-124221.png
    Screenshot_20170304-124221.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20170304-124221.png
    Screenshot_20170304-124221.png
    311.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20170304-124227.png
    Screenshot_20170304-124227.png
    295.8 KB · Views: 25
Lol... that was just the section showing that it's not reversible... you know, the question he was asking.

Reactions: Ftolino
Yeah I hope they get this stuff figured out especially when you drop that kind of money on something

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Well, as promised, I flight tested the new firmware today and found no problems.

I2+X4S, no sign of unusual gimbal behavior, no sign of overheating, no twitchy movement, no problems with pan/tilt in free mode etc....

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Well, as promised, I flight tested the new firmware today and found no problems.

I2+X4S, no sign of unusual gimbal behavior, no sign of overheating, no twitchy movement, no problems with pan/tilt in free mode etc....
No excess noise while manually yawing the AC?

just downloaded dji assistant 2 and plugged in INspire 2:

View attachment 12549

Can i suggest you use the option in Assistant 2 to RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS that is listed under the firmware you installed. Then do another firmware update. Maybe worth doing a reboot on the R/C? Reason i mention is that some of the settings are stored inside the A/C so when you load the firmware some will be factory standard but the R/C will check in the A/C and download to the R/C and DJI GO 4. So you get stuck in a loop.
So to stop all this happening please try. It worked for me as when i was starting up my I2 it had no images on my X4S it would come back if i touched the camera and rotated a few degrees. But after short time the video would go away. So i followed the steps above and now all okay...

It wont hurt regardless but you then have to go through all the settings to get your own back.

Well after the update I get this ..... I did the calibration, 3 times with 100% completion each time.... even did a refresh and calibration.... still get this for at least 20 seconds and then it disappears
083c60dfc092b316ede0ffe0688be48b.jpg

SEE 89 below ...

Can i suggest you use the option in Assistant 2 to RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS that is listed under the firmware you installed. Then do another firmware update. Maybe worth doing a reboot on the R/C? Reason i mention is that some of the settings are stored inside the A/C so when you load the firmware some will be factory standard but the R/C will check in the A/C and download to the R/C and DJI GO 4. So you get stuck in a loop.
So to stop all this happening please try. It worked for me as when i was starting up my I2 it had no images on my X4S it would come back if i touched the camera and rotated a few degrees. But after short time the video would go away. So i followed the steps above and now all okay...

It wont hurt regardless but you then have to go through all the settings to get your own back.

I tried :( . I reset and reinstalled firmware. I even re connected tday and said some modules inconsistent. It updated but didn't help. I'll try again tommorow, maybe it'll find another module.

I appreciate the response.

dave

Reactions: Cruncher
I tried :( . I reset and reinstalled firmware. I even re connected tday and said some modules inconsistent. It updated but didn't help. I'll try again tommorow, maybe it'll find another module.

I appreciate the response.

dave

I see one other who followed my advice also did one further step and rebooted the R/C and everything is now working.

press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go) You will now need to attach to your mobile with internet connection and see if it needs a firmware update, if so do it. then use DJI GO 4 to reconnect to your I2

worth a try ??

I see one other who followed my advice also did one further step and rebooted the R/C and everything is now working.

press these four buttons on the remote controller at the same time, namely, C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO, meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go) You will now need to attach to your mobile with internet connection and see if it needs a firmware update, if so do it. then use DJI GO 4 to reconnect to your I2

worth a try ??

I saw this, your supposed blow on the remote controller too. Then rub you hands together for 7.3 seconds before doing that

Last edited:
A friend enlisted my help as he was having lots of issues on his I2 after the firmware update. He uses a Samsung S6 and was plagued with many of the compliants that i see here from other owners. I watched as he went through the whole sequence and he still had problems.

But mine has NONE....

So we swapped his device for my Ipad Pro and repeated and it worked EXCEPT he got a message to update the NFZ data base by connecting the mobile device direct to the USB port on the I2. So I used my iPad and nothing.. but if he inserted his S6 it went on to download some data from DJI and then finished.

Maybe an issue in the mobile device?

So everybody that is having problems are you using android or Apple tablets? Let s find out if this problem has something to do with the dji go 4 running on some systems. Go!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude