Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Your favorite tablet/screen and why?

Reaction score
Website
www.charleshidalgo.com
I'm looking to get a new screen for inspire1 duty only. I've been using my phone and I'm tired of it. I've seen several pros and cons on many types. I like the screen recorder function of the Nvidia Shield, the ipad mini 3, and I just saw the Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4" is on sale for 199 . I'd like to hear your "real world usage thought". Thank you.

Charlie

Last edited:
I'm looking to get a new screen for inspire1 duty only. I've been using my phone and I'm tired of it. I've seen several pros and cons on many types. I like the screen recorder function of the Nvidia Shield, the ipad mini 3, and I just saw the Samsung Galaxy tab pro 8.4" is on sale for 199 . I'd like to hear your "real world usage thought". Thank you.

Charlie

I'm in the same boat as you. There are a few threads here with this discussion already "been there, done that". I decided on the Nvidia Shield Tablet simply because I don't really care for Apple. I'm also now reading that some guys are using the Nvidia Game Controller to control the camera in flight. If that can really be done......WOW!!! That would be a substantial savings for Nvidia Shield Tablet users. As for what's better Android or IOS, they'll all seem to be crashing sometimes from one reason or another. It seems to be unavoidable.

I have used Sony Xperia Z3 tablet, works fine, but now it is my backup unit because I have bought the Sony Xperia Z4..
It was my plan to buy the Z4, but I had to buy the Z3 and use it until the Z4 was released

The Z4 is faster and bigger than the Z3.... and the Z4 fits perfectly in holder

My reason for using the Z4 is..

1. The screen size (10.1 inch and still fits the DJI Inspire Remote Holder)
2. It's an Android device ;-)
3. It's Fast
4. Option for adding microsd card, upto 128Gb
5. Waterproof and dust tight (IP65 and IP68)
6. USB port is "open" (the Z3's USB port was behind a waterproof and dust tight cover)
7. It's Light, only 389 grams...

I Have a Galaxy tab pro 8.4 with matt screen protector mirrored to Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses
this works well and I can see what the camera see very well.
The tablets are not bright enough in day light, well not for a quick glimpse at any way!

my favourite would be a Galaxy Note 3 I guess - the screen is so much better in bright sunlight - however I am using an iPad mini 2 - seeing that DJI tends to commit any changes to iOS first as well as there currently is no feature parity between android and iOS I opted for the iPad mini - surely not my most favourite choice but to get the most out of it and all features I guess iOS is the only option ...

Is there any delay when using the Galaxy tab pro 8.4 between receiver and tablet and then tablet and glasses? Have you tested with any other tablet to your glasses?

I have Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses I am using an nvidia shield that works without any delay from the receiver but will not work with the glasses. I have used a Galaxy tab 3 but long delay between receiver and tablet and intermittent between tablet and glasses.

I Have a Galaxy tab pro 8.4 with matt screen protector mirrored to Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses
this works well and I can see what the camera see very well.
The tablets are not bright enough in day light, well not for a quick glimpse at any way!

Is there any delay when using the Galaxy tab pro 8.4 between receiver and tablet and then tablet and glasses? Have you tested with any other tablet to your glasses?

I have Epson Moverio BT-200 glasses I am using an nvidia shield that works without any delay from the receiver but will not work with the glasses. I have used a Galaxy tab 3 but long delay between receiver and tablet and intermittent between tablet and glasses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207