Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Zenmuse x3 roll arm replacement

Reaction score
I am replacing a broken x3 roll arm. I am unable to complete the task because i am unsure about how to remove the silver plate and axle from base of arm.

Will someone please help me?

Thanks in advance.

1488823694395.jpg1488823702509.jpg1488823710600.jpg

Another tech provided me with vague info saying that the shaft either screw out or the magnet comes out....?

I got it!

With the help of Tim from Fix n' Fly Drones (which is also where i purchased the roll arm). I was told that you have to cut the base of the arm to relieve tension to get the chrome plate out. I found the chrome plate glued in and made a few cuts with the dremel to get the chrome plate free.

The chrome plate is then pressed in new p1488987772510.jpg1488987780231.jpgart.

Awesome. Does said guy (Tim) repair X3 gimbals? I'm in the process of trying to get one of mine back to functioning but am having issues getting it to recognize the position on start up so it won't do it's calibration. Been in communication with another member here who had been great, but can't find many topics on those that have successfully repaired theirs.

Mind you, he sold me X3 roll arm and ribbon, just the parts. He did not have to answer my questions about doing the maintenance myself so I am thankful for their guidance. I got the parts in a week. Will keep u posted on ribbon install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa