Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

Hey guys, I've got the t-motor 14x4.8 and all of them where way out of balance at the hub or in short total crap for the price! I've bought them from a German online shop. I've used to balance them for almost a whole day using dubro balancer, the 13" amazing tech props that I mentioned in early post where much easier to balance.
Anyway for that price I have expected a prop that probably will not need any balancing or at least to need a bit of sanding here and here but those tiger pros are the crappiest thing I've ever seen, I've had to remove a lot of material from the hub area and doing it in small steps took my whole day. At the end of the balancing every prop stays rock solid horizontal, vertical and all diagonals which make's me thing that there's nothing wrong with the balancing itself.

The end result is important. So I went out to fly in a very strong wind (close to 15m/s) with 25mm lens, without ND filter and shutter at 1/1600 just to extrapolate the unwanted defects and the resulted image quality wasn't much different than what I'm getting with the stock 1345T props (balanced as well). There are visible vibrations in the video from time to time but frequently enough to ruin even a short shot. In calm weather it's fine... my X5R and 25mm lens are very well balanced as well on all 3 axis.

Now what? Maybe going back to the original props? I'm really confused, I have expected some quality improvement by changing the props.

I just pulled the trigger on these mounts: HeliEngadin
I read about the precision process and equipment used to make these and they sold me. Couldn't find info about the Amazing Tech mounts. I am all about precision and balance for my birds. Helps with performance, battery life, and stability for my shots.
I also pulled the trigger on the T-MOTOR 15x5 Carbon Fiber props.
I was going to purchase the package that included the props from Heliengadin but I am not familiar with their props.
I also prefer the hard mount to motor, its a long time preference. The quick release for my Mavic Pro is ok.
Anyone try this setup yet?

I will post my review here once received and properly tested over a handful of flights.

Last edited:
Thanks to advexure I was able to get replacement motors for my original ones with the stripped t9 screws on the locking plate. I just finished installing the new motors and the cf folding props. I agree with the previous post that the inspire 2 shakes a bit for about a second before it balances itself out. Kinda nerve racking at first. Hopefully there will be no long term issues with this. But overall I am very impressed. Much quieter than the OEM POS props. They handle just fine so far, but I only took it out for a brief spin with quick turns, braking, etc.

Thanks to advexure I was able to get replacement motors for my original ones with the stripped t9 screws on the locking plate. I just finished installing the new motors and the cf folding props. I agree with the previous post that the inspire 2 shakes a bit for about a second before it balances itself out. Kinda nerve racking at first. Hopefully there will be no long term issues with this. But overall I am very impressed. Much quieter than the OEM POS props. They handle just fine so far, but I only took it out for a brief spin with quick turns, braking, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170416-214313.png
    Screenshot_20170416-214313.png
    283.6 KB · Views: 48
I just pulled the trigger on these mounts: HeliEngadin
I read about the precision process and equipment used to make these and they sold me. Couldn't find info about the Amazing Tech mounts. I am all about precision and balance for my birds. Helps with performance, battery life, and stability for my shots.
I also pulled the trigger on the T-MOTOR 15x5 Carbon Fiber props.
I was going to purchase the package that included the props from Heliengadin but I am not familiar with their props.
I also prefer the hard mount to motor, its a long time preference. The quick release for my Mavic Pro is ok.
Anyone try this setup yet?

I will post my review here once received and properly tested over a handful of flights.
We are now a distributor for Heliengadin products and have their folding props, regular props and prop adapters for both Inspire 1 and Inspire 2.

@cvanhoose - we are also in FL. If you ever need anything just let us know.

Reactions: cvanhoose
I am very interested in Heliengadin props.However, attaching directly to the motor is worried that it will be lower than the normal position.For solid propellers, I am worried whether the amazing tec mounts can withstand intense acceleration and deceleration of 15 inch props.

I am very interested in Heliengadin props.However, attaching directly to the motor is worried that it will be lower than the normal position.For solid propellers, I am worried whether the amazing tec mounts can withstand intense acceleration and deceleration of 15 inch props.

I have had both the non folding Heliengadin props with the adapters and now the folding Heliengaden props without adapters mounted on my Inspire 2. I have found no issues with clearance. I will try to make a comparison photo showing both.

I have had both the non folding Heliengadin props with the adapters and now the folding Heliengaden props without adapters mounted on my Inspire 2. I have found no issues with clearance. I will try to make a comparison photo showing both.

Have you heard any info or had any issues with the startup vibrations with the folding props? I still have yet to experience any side effects or hear anything about it. I'm hoping someone can give a definitive answer on this.

@SanCap - Thanks for doing that.

@Haryy.T - I am not familiar with the Amazing Tec mounts. We have the ones made by Heliengadin. They are not quick release and are designed for the 15 inch props on the Inspire 2.

After a few flights I find the folding props a bit quieter with a lower humm similar to the M600 but still not quite as quiet. I really can not see a performance difference between the non folding and folding. I prefer the folding as I can fold them and put the I2 in a case, I did have to trim my GPC case a bit. If I never had to put the I2 in a case I would have stayed with the non folding props and adapters.

@SanCap - Thanks for your info. am looking forward to see your comparison result.

@Florida Drone Supply - When using folding Heliengaden props, I have to to trim inner of case, so are considering using it with a quick release mount.

Hi SanCap,

I have XOAR CF props straight on the motors of my I1 with a top plate, never taken them off over a 100 flights with no issues in my view a big upgrade.
Was about to pull the trigger on the Heliengaden option as I live in the U.K. for my Inspire 2 when the folding option raised its head. Not sure the way to go now. The folding props would be the most convenient as these would never have to come off. With the fixed option I need to be careful carrying the aircraft to my jeep so I don't catch the props navigating from my office to the jeep from my upstairs office. Slightly concerned about the shaky start up until the props balance out, that can't be good right? I'm going to hold off until someone posts a video of the start up vibration. Looking forward to ur comparison photos.

Les

Hi SanCap,

I have XOAR CF props straight on the motors of my I1 with a top plate, never taken them off over a 100 flights with no issues in my view a big upgrade.
Was about to pull the trigger on the Heliengaden option as I live in the U.K. for my Inspire 2 when the folding option raised its head. Not sure the way to go now. The folding props would be the most convenient as these would never have to come off. With the fixed option I need to be careful carrying the aircraft to my jeep so I don't catch the props navigating from my office to the jeep from my upstairs office. Slightly concerned about the shaky start up until the props balance out, that can't be good right? I'm going to hold off until someone posts a video of the start up vibration. Looking forward to ur comparison photos.

Les
Hi Les, I am on a shoot most of today and will get a shot of the start up tonight or tomorrow. There is a vibration on startup, I personally do not have an issue with it as it goes away quickly. I will let you know when I do this. I have seen similar vibrations on the M600.

Ok ordered them today €220 including delivery. I will post a review once I have a few flights under my belt. Thanks for all your inputs.

Les

Reactions: SanCap
@SanCap - Thanks for doing that.

@Haryy.T - I am not familiar with the Amazing Tec mounts. We have the ones made by Heliengadin. They are not quick release and are designed for the 15 inch props on the Inspire 2.

Here is a video I made this morning. The first startup is a cold start with me straightening the props, after that I shut down and restarted without straightening the props. You will have to click on the vimeo logo to go to full screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu