Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

32 Channel Mod: Still Possible?

Try this:

Show Hidden Files Mac OS X:

1. Click “Finder” icon on your Mac dock.
  2. Open Terminal. Terminal is a utility that provides access to the OS X operating system. It can be opened in one of two following ways:
  3. Select “Applications” on the left side, then on “Utilities“, and double-click on “Terminal“
  4. Open the OS X Launchpad. Click the “Utilities” folder. Then, double click on “Terminal.”
  5. Enter the following text into the Terminal window, then press “Enter“: “defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES”
  6. Exit the Terminal program. This can be done by selecting “Quit Terminal” from the Terminal menu.
  7. Restart Finder. Your new setting will take effect after you relaunch finder. To do so, hold down the “Alt” key and right-click or two-fingered click on the Finder icon. Select “Relaunch.”
Ok I did all this and the config file is greyed out and not selectable when trying to add through iTunes. What did I miss???

Drag and drop the file in the root directory of the application. Start or restart will allow you more channels to choose from.

Can anybody give a step by step guide to doing this on a windows 10 pc .

I just received my range extender today and it recommended the mod ..

I really appreciate all the information here. 2 questions:

1) Are you seeing a real seat-of-the-pants range increase?
2) Has anybody done this on an Inspire 1?

Right now my range is good, but I could use a little more. I'm doing a lot of low altitude flying under 100' AGL. And as I'm sure a lot of you know, at that altitude you can't go out very far. I'm lucky if I can get out 2000'. @ 400' AGL I can go out as far as 6000' using a passive range extender. I'd like to be able to double my range @ 100' AGL. If I could go out 4000' @ 100' AGL, I would be happy.

Is this kind of range a reasonable expectation with this mod?

Thanx in advance for any help you can give.

P.S. I've already downloaded the file. Thanx.

Hey everyone So I have the Iphone 12 and its updated to the latest ios version. Following these video

https://www.youtube.com/user/digdat0

I have managed to download the Dji-go app 3.1.11 version and get it on my iphone.
But it wont let me open the app now! lol **** it.

anybody know if there is a work-around for this?

Attachments

• dji.jpg
    dji.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 3
12.3.1 is the latest version Go App v3.1.1 will work. Once you get that working, the 32 channel hack works, too.

1643344871095.png

This is on my iPad Pro 12.9" Gen-3.

D

@Donnie Frank i was trying iphone not ipad. 15.3 is the latest on the iphone unfortunately i can get the app onto the iphone but cant use it once it on there it forces me to update

By the way i am glad you can still use it on the ipad as i bought one the other day. hopefully i can get it to work

Reactions: Donnie Frank
@Donnie Frank i was trying iphone not ipad. 15.3 is the latest on the iphone unfortunately i can get the app onto the iphone but cant use it once it on there it forces me to update

By the way i am glad you can still use it on the ipad as i bought one the other day. hopefully i can get it to work
I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between the iPlatforms. I think for you it's the iOS that's a deal breaker. I'm running iOS v13.2.2 on my other iPad and didn't even try to install the Go App on that iPad, as I'm running 3rd party apps that I don't want influenced by DJI in any way, shape or form. I realize that not installing DJI Apps is probably not achieving that objective, but I have 3 other iPads running the Go and Go4 apps, so I don't need a 4th.

D

I'm using my SAMSUNG SM-T585 Table,
And the Hack for my DJI Phantom 4 Model: GL300C (About Info) App: 4.3.37 Aircraft: 02.00.01.27 Remote Controller: 1.9.3 Precise Fly Safe Database (Aircraft): 01.00.01.27 Fly Safe Database (App): 01.00.01.27 Basic Fly Safe Database: 01.00.01.09
So from 8 Channels to 32 Channels for extra RANGE!
So the (32channels.zip) file that I have Download does not work at all,
The 32 Channel is not showing up on my Tablet and I have followed instructions on the YouTube video which is:
I have follow instructions using this link: howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
I have tried the: (dji.configs_force_fcc) (dji.configs_force_boost) (dji.configs_32-ch_mod) (dji.configs_force_fcc_32-ch_mod)
I have Download and install ForceBoost Patch App as well,
djiforceboost1.5.apk
But I'm still not having any luck at all.
This is so frustrating and wasting my time, so does anyone out there have a solution to this problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105-013741.jpg
    Screenshot_20221105-013741.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I'm using my SAMSUNG SM-T585 Table,
And the Hack for my DJI Phantom 4 from 8 Channels to 32 Channels for extra RANGE!
That I have download does not work at all
The 32 Channel is not showing up on my Tablet and I have followed instructions on the YouTube video which is:
I have follow instructions using this link: howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
This is so frustrating and wasting my time, so does anyone out there have a solution to this problem?
The Android environment is ALWAYS troublesome. ALWAYS. You can search the forum and you'll see that pretty much all tablet issues (including Crystal Sky) are Android devices.

The solution...

Get on eBay, find I used iPad for a couple hundred bux and be done with it. I'm no Apple fan boy, but when it comes to the DJI stuff, they work. That said...

You're going to need to post more than "It doesn't work!!!" Dollars to doughnuts we can trace this back to user error. Best to make a video of you doing the upgrade. Many times I have spotted the problem in video that the user didn't describe and/or missed via text.

D

Last edited:

Before I purchase the Apple iPad Mini 5 Wi-Fi (64GB, Gold) or​

Apple iPad Mini 4 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular Silver​

I need to know if this is a particular model to work with a 32 Channel Hack for my DJI Phantom 4 or not, so which one should I buy?​

Before I purchase the Apple iPad Mini 5 Wi-Fi (64GB, Gold) or​

Apple iPad Mini 4 16GB Wi-Fi + Cellular Silver​

I need to know if this is a particular model to work with a 32 Channel Hack for my DJI Phantom 4 or not, so which one should I buy?​

The 9.7". It's the largest iPad that will fit in the cradle. Get an Air Pro 32GB non-cellular (even an Air 1 will work). They've both been tested in the field for years. They both work flawlessly with DJI's software. The Mini?? Who knows??? Quit messing around, man. Time to get serious about this drone thing. Phones are for calling mom. The iPad 9.7" is a tool, not a toy.

D

The 9.7". It's the largest iPad that will fit in the cradle. Get an Air Pro 32GB non-cellular (even an Air 1 will work). They've both been tested in the field for years. They both work flawlessly with DJI's software. The Mini?? Who knows??? Quit messing around, man. Time to get serious about this drone thing. Phones are for calling mom. The iPad 9.7" is a tool, not a toy.
I would prefer this size that way will fit in the DJI Case.
Height : 203.2 mm to Width : 134.8 mm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth