Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Amazing New Solution for charging in the field

Reaction score
Website
www.uasflightops.com
Unsure if this is the right place please feel free to move.

We have been trialing this for 2 weeks on various locations and have just placed our order. I have agreed with he UK distributor a 5% discount for anyone in the drone industry. the featured unit cost £1600 plus vat the prices and options are at the end of the video.

This is a must have to keep running all day and allows you to recharge direct from the vehicle in a fraction of the time of a leisure battery and is totally silent.

Good Morning Ladies and Gents, some of you may be interested in the results of a new piece of kit we recently tested, we have now purchased one of these and have agreed a 5% discount for all If interested drop me an email and I'll forward you the code. Probably the safest and most reliable charging system out there.

@Jason Woodcock
Good job on your first review. Looks like a very efficient charging solution. All of we professional photographers know that any gear that costs about the same as one day's photo fee is worth every penny if it helps us compete and complete shoots better. You seem to have more aircraft and batteries than the average pilot so I'm sure this makes your life so much easier. Thanks for posting this. I'll keep an eye on it for a 120V version for the US.

Professionals also know when they are getting ripped off. Lol.

Totally overpriced.
Dji charging station is $2100. Another rip off.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
You've commented twice on this thats fine I don't make or sell these but it suits my needs to a tee I fly proffesionally and also have the charging station if you have a better solution please share if not stop bitching!!

Reactions: MrTVR

Totally overpriced.
Well, I agree that's more than I want to spend. However batteries are expensive too. So is down time due to inability to recharge in the field. If you have a more cost effective solution to suggest please share. Thanks.

Totally overpriced.
DJI Charging Stations is $1200, not $2100. But it's overpriced anyway. It has a fatal flaw for me. It charges the battery pairs only in lockstep, meaning that a pair at 40% will wait if there's another pair at 20% for that 20% pair to come up to 40% before both pairs will continue to charge together. So all batteries wait for the most discharged pair and all come to full charge together. I need each pair to cycle through on its own and become available ASAP.

Reactions: Advexure
DJI Charging Stations is $1200, not $2100. But it's overpriced anyway. It has a fatal flaw for me. It charges the battery pairs only in lockstep, meaning that a pair at 40% will wait if there's another pair at 20% for that 20% pair to come up to 40% before both pairs will continue to charge together. So all batteries wait for the most discharged pair and all come to full charge together. I need each pair to cycle through on its own and become available ASAP.

The UK price for the DJI charging station is £1,299 GBP, which is around $1,750 USD. Certainly a good profit margin for DJI on this one.

I do agree with your point about the charge sequence. This isn’t how DJI’s other chargers work and doesn’t seem to make sense .... or does it?

I have two possible explanations:

1. Are the battery pairs meant to be placed in columns in the charger (one above the other) rather than the more obvious side by side pairing?

2. Battery charge rate is always highest for the flattest battery so perhaps by using the available power to charge the most depleted battery first then the charger will actually achieve a faster charge rate.

My DJI Charging Station charges in pairs, and there are 4 stations with 2 batteries each. In each pair, it will charge the more depleted battery until they are equal, then both go to full together. All 4 pairs charge independently of each other so you can charge 4 pairs or 8 batteries at once. It does not wait for a more depleted pair to charge before charging another pair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44