Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Android App updated to v1.0.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What's New
1. Only the major firmware version number will be shown in the app
2. Firmware upgrade process will not be shown in the app when upgrading, please check the firmware upgrade tutorials in the official videos and documents
3. Add a warning for formatting SD Card when SD Card is not in appropriate state
4. When the firmware upgrade succeed,the app will show an alert to ask user to confirm unlocking motors
5. When the RC’s GPS signal is weak, the RC’s point on the map will turn red

Reactions: Soflms
Is this app on DJI site?It still on 2015-02-25.

Thanks Editor.I will download it later.I want to store all app versions,so I can go back to a former version.
I hope that the altitude limit is not changed.

Thanks Editor.I will download it later.I want to store all app versions,so I can go back to a former version.
I hope that the altitude limit is not changed.
Good idea (you never know when you might need them!)
Altitude is the same except for ceiling of 120m if no GPS reception (otherwise the same as before at 500m)

Great!Will need this when going up in the mountains.
Going to download now.Thanks again

Samsung Galaxy S5 -- Pilot app crashes when motors turn on. Works fine until the motors start. Crashes if app started while motors are running.

Galaxy Tab 7.0 -- Pilot app crashes whenever connected to controller at all.

Samsung Galaxy S5 -- Pilot app crashes when motors turn on. Works fine until the motors start. Crashes if app started while motors are running.

Not firmware related, the issue seems to be with the updated 1.0.9 app. New FW works fine on old app.

Yup - Confirm this it's a problem with the app. - It's also doing it on the Nvidia Shield. You would have thought they would have spotted this one :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Seems to be a problem with this version of the app.
Many reports of app crashing on CSC command and motor start up!

Please report whether you are having this issue (only occurs on motor start up) and what tablet and Android version you are running.

I'll start off:

Nvidia Shield
Lollipop v5.0.1

Reactions: lucadeceres
Yes lots of 1-star reviews with the problem and a friend of mine also has it.

Haven't tried myself yet.

I can confirm this bug on my Shield too..
In my case it was cured by a restart of the Shield. Don´t know if it´s going to stay ok though...

Strange one this. It WAS happening every time I started the motors after a flight. I experimented and did a CSC command to the opposite corners to my usual practice.
Problem went away and so far has stayed away..... Time will tell.....

It seems DJI are aware of this and are working on a fix asap - watch this space.

What perplexes me is this is SO apparent and so reproducible how the hell it made it past testing to release !!

Agreed..
Quick fix for this one please!

This bug can cause quite a panic when the possibility to auto-land etc. just vanishes in front of the pilots Eyes..

OK - Have been in contact with DJI and sent over my crash reports.

Will advise back here when I hear anything.

Edit: DJI have acknowledged receipt and confirmed crash reports are with DEV team being analyzed.

Last edited:

Exactly for me on Nexus7 or Galaxy S4 mini previously working fine

Seems to be a problem with this version of the app.
Many reports of app crashing on CSC command and motor start up!

Please report whether you are having this issue (only occurs on motor start up) and what tablet and Android version you are running.

I'll start off:

Nvidia Shield
Lollipop v5.0.1

Same situation for me on Google Nexus 7 and Samsung S4 mini

same on my samsung galaxy s4 active with no issues befire autoupdate... i.e. with ver.17...
every time i start the motors app crash and i cant go back in bc it keeps crashing also in maps also. no chance to fly without aid (no big prob for me) but still...
android v 4.4.2

edit: after phone restart app works fine. i also restarted the AC and it seems to be working now...
edit 2: after switching off motors and restarting app crashes again...
edit3: thought it worked there for a moment... :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry