Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

any idea when we may see firmware update!

And the main thing is to at least try. It's not because there are issue reports on forums that they affect everybody. Most people like myself have no issues.
What's important is to educate yourself about what some people have experienced so you can know in advance what could happen so you can work around the situation.

There will always be issues of one kind or another, so if you don't want to fly... you'll never fly.

I could not agree more, it is so important to be able to understand the flight implications if the GPS were to drop out and how you would handle it. I purposely fly in an area where I consistently get the drop out due to interference to make sure that I am paying attention when I fly and to understand what inputs I get from the monitor (iPad) and the Inspire. Now I can tell without looking that the GPS has dropped and it is in ATTI. I do like flying in ATTI for AP has you 'glide' a bit more for smoother shots. This coming from a recreational photographer.

I wanted to believe I'd be one of the people with no problems; after all I had around 200 flights on my Phantom 2 and had zero issues with it when I bought the Inspire 1. However on the 5th day of ownership of the I1, it flew by itself at full speed into cliffs 100' below my takeoff point, destroying the aircraft, gimbal, etc. Supposedly the firmware logic that caused this was intentionally introduced in firmware v16, and will be reverted in v18.

I was able to pick up the pieces and send them to DJI, and they are telling me 6 weeks for repair. I'm glad to hear v18 of the firmware will be released about the same time I (hopefully) get my aircraft back.

I continue to fly my Phantom 2 in the interim, and am quite happy with the confidence I have in that aircraft. In fact if it just had a rectilinear lens, I'd be nearly completely satisfied with it (I know I can change the lens on the GoPro for $150 -- I just haven't done so yet).

I wanted to believe I'd be one of the people with no problems; after all I had around 200 flights on my Phantom 2 and had zero issues with it when I bought the Inspire 1. However on the 5th day of ownership of the I1, it flew by itself at full speed into cliffs 100' below my takeoff point, destroying the aircraft, gimbal, etc. Supposedly the firmware logic that caused this was intentionally introduced in firmware v16, and will be reverted in v18.

I was able to pick up the pieces and send them to DJI, and they are telling me 6 weeks for repair. I'm glad to hear v18 of the firmware will be released about the same time I (hopefully) get my aircraft back.

I continue to fly my Phantom 2 in the interim, and am quite happy with the confidence I have in that aircraft. In fact if it just had a rectilinear lens, I'd be nearly completely satisfied with it (I know I can change the lens on the GoPro for $150 -- I just haven't done so yet).

Ouch. Very sorry to hear that.

There is always the potential for issues to arise. My I1 has been very predictable and I have not once been switched to atti without knowing it. I flew on a mildly breezy day over a cell tower to help out a friend (who owned the tower) at one point my vision position system said I was 3.1 ft from the antenna array

I was a little nervous but the I1 did superb

I have the latest public release yes..... V.17

And so should you since .16 has an IMU bug in it!

.17 is very stable,it has given me zero problems.

Go fly, you will have a grin on your face like the very first day you flew your first Phantom!

i want to ask this question, how often do DJI honour warranty for non pilot error? I'm sure there will be many on this forum want this answer?

guidance again, greatly appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla