Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Does this software integrate with Dji's or is a completely new stand alone version?

The bits are ready but it is still pending Apple approval - hoping that comes through today
And that is why |Android needs to go first.Remember the first time that Apple didn't apAnd you need aprove the app?
Still not enough developers to make this on both platforms?But the good thing will be that Apple owners are the guinee picks:p

Many of you have been asking what the timeline is for the beta release, so I wanted to give everyone a quick update.

We originally submitted the first beta build for approval on May 26, and Apple finally responded on June 4 saying that DJI has not requested that Apple add us to their MFi Product Plan. As you know, the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 remote controls connect directly to the iOS device, which means there is some extra red-tape that that the previous version for the Vision+ did not have to deal with. We have been working directly with DJI during the whole development process, and they are aware of this issue. At this point we are waiting for DJI and Apple to work it out, which I am hoping should only take a few days.

I will also mention that there are several issues with the SDK that DJI is working on for us, which means that the first build of the beta will put limitations on certain features, or disable them altogether. DJI's goal is to have these issues resolved shortly so we can get v2.0 out as fast as possible.

I have been told that app store review times have slowed down due to the fact that WWDC is happening on Monday, so hopefully once that is over things will speed back up.

Thanks for your patience.

-Jim

Thank you Jim for the update on this great step forward to get what was supposed to be what makes our bird stand out from the rest in the first place!

Have not seen this mentioned anywhere but the concern with devices not having cellular service, has anyone tried bluetooth GPS receivers on their mobile device? I have one and is currently testing, just wondering if the follow/orbit function will be compatible with this setup?

Hey everyone-

We have been hard at work on the next version of Autopilot - DJI (2.0) and we are ready to start the beta test. Send an email to [email protected] if you would like to participate - we would love your feedback!

New features include:
  • Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 support
  • Dynamic home point
  • Data logging (settings, telemetry, controls, commands)
  • Point-of-Interest for several modes, including Focus, Hover, Follow, Orbit and Mimic
  • Gimbal yaw in focus mode (Inspire only)
  • Updated flight dashboard to show telemetry while looking at the camera and map
  • Constant altitude reference - useful if your device has no barometer and you know that you will not be changing altitude
  • Apple watch integration (for quick disengage)

Thanks,
Jim

Have not seen this mentioned anywhere but the concern with devices not having cellular service, has anyone tried bluetooth GPS receivers on their mobile device? I have one and is currently testing, just wondering if the follow/orbit function will be compatible with this setup?
We have not tested external GPS units, but you might be interested to know that the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 RC has a built-in GPS signal, so we are planning to add support for using that location when the device does not have GPS. This feature will probably not make it in to 2.0 - more likely 2.1.

Does this version have way points?
We are planning to add waypoints into a future release because we don't want to delay 2.0 any further.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters