Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Its a new week, maybe the guys at Apple decides to finally approve AutoPilot... I can wait a few more day, the weather is really crappy now :D
Still nothing from Apple. I will post a link to the updated version of Flight School later today so you guys can start preparing. Here is an app preview to tide you over:

Note: I had to select the Phantom 2 Vision+ aircraft type in order to record the iPhone screen while connected to my computer since the lightning connector is taken while connected to the Inspire.

Last edited:
Reactions: damoncooper
It occurred to me that app switching between 3rd party SDK apps might be easier quicker if DJI provided a way to hook/register them for quick access in the Pilot app. Similar to how Facebook provides a hook to switch to the FB Messenger app and back.

Still nothing from Apple. I will post a link to the updated version of Flight School later today so you guys can start preparing. Here is an app preview to tide you over:

Are you guys waiting on an App Store release? If it's Beta, you can run a Beta cert and side load the app for Beta customers.

That's how DJI do it. When I was testing for DJI they sent us the file and we installed it ourselves. I was trying to figure out why all the red tape for beta testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought was going to happen to! If we wait for Apple it's a paid app! Beta testers that replied to this by email should get it for free or at least half of the price it cost in apple app store! Just a suggestion! Lol either way I'm going to get it to try anyway! Looks promising!

That's what I thought was going to happen to! If we wait for Apple it's a paid app! Beta testers that replied to this by email should get it for free or at least half of the price it cost in apple app store! Just a suggestion! Lol either way I'm going to get it to try anyway! Looks promising!
The beta will be distributed via Apple's TestFlight app, which does not cost anything but does require their approval. We won't be sending ipa files around.

Ok just was a thought because that is whet we are use to when beta testing for DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we wait for Apple, you can start preparing for Version 2.0 by reading the newly updated Flight School page on our beta site.

I'm watching the vid, reading flight school page... but guys.. I got an idea - After app gets approved and we start the beta testing how about doing a quick app walkthrough? You can stream it to youtube with basic function introduction and FAQ session.

What do you think? Is it possible to do?

I purchased an imac 5 kiza basically because of the i1. Also a ipad mini. Dumped the iphone years ago and just run with androids. DJI they still don't respect you. ANDROIDS

I'm watching the vid, reading flight school page... but guys.. I got an idea - After app gets approved and we start the beta testing how about doing a quick app walkthrough? You can stream it to youtube with basic function introduction and FAQ session.

What do you think? Is it possible to do?
We can put something like this together. Stay tuned for updates.

Update on Apple: we contacted them again yesterday and got an email response this morning at 12a PT:

Thank you for contacting us about your Beta Review.
Please place your MFi Product Plan ID (PPID) in the review notes of your build, we found that you have responded in the resolution center but have not added this information to the review notes.

Once you have done this please respond to this email so we can forward it to the review team and the review can proceed.

Frustrating, but at least we know it is on someone's radar.

Well...Apple has gone AWOL at this point.

Quick update on the current development progress: since we are waiting for Apple anyway, we decided to add RC as a location source for people with wifi-only iPads (no GPS). Flight School has been updated with explanations of where it can be used in the Mode Controls:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotphantom/flightschool#modes

It may be late but I did send you an email. I'm hoping to get a chance to do this with you. I'm using the iPad air 2 with cell service but I can disable it and test it both ways I believe. 538 flights in the Inspire alone with about 73 hours of actual flight time.I'm also a commercial pilot so maybe that can help give some insight on what I've used in modern airliners in the past. Your product looks awesome! Beyond excited. I hope Apple gets this thing going and by chance you add me to the team. I've been a beta tester in the past for many software labels from Windows to X-plane. I also use a iPhone 6+ if that helps you any and you'd like it tested on that. I keep it as a backup if the iPad does something crazy or in one case wasn't charged enough. lol Thanks! Sounds exciting to say the least.

Also, meant to ask if you were to fly a certain route will it be able to save that route and mimic it over and over again if needed? Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Skywolf007
You can still use the app on the wifi only version, but certain functions such as Follow Mode will be disabled since it does not have a GPS location to follow.

What if you have a wifi hotspot available, like a cellular hotspot? Will those functions like follow mode be available then?

For example, I use an iPad Air 2 wifi, and link to my Droid 4 as a hotspot to get realtime maps in the DJI pilot app. Would this work?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bahamasky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk