Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Any news from Apple/DJI??? I'm eager to test the app asap
Still silence, sorry to say.

Big news though! Because of the delay, we are going to be able to release a few more features in version 2 that were not previously slated for this release:

• Zip Line Mode (think cablecam) - Autopilot flies the aircraft from Point A to Point B (with all the same Focus options as the other Modes)
  • Continuous Photos (new Flight Recorder setting) - Autopilot takes a photo every x seconds
Here is the new icon for Zip Line Mode:

icon-zipline.png

We created a short video with Zip Line shot, and a few Orbit segments created using two drones, both running Autopilot in Orbit Mode. Enjoy:

Big news though! Because of the delay, we are going to be able to release a few more features in version 2 that were not previously slated for this release:

• Zip Line Mode (think cablecam) - Autopilot flies the aircraft from Point A to Point B (with all the same Focus options as the other Modes)
  • Continuous Photos (new Flight Recorder setting) - Autopilot takes a photo every x seconds

icon-zipline.png

We created a short video with Zip Line shot, and a few Orbit segments created using two drones, both running Autopilot in Orbit Mode. Enjoy:

Awesome!!!!

However...while zip line looks good the orbit footage is confusing. Is the one in the pictures doing the orbit or the one taking the pictures? Neither seem to be holding a position around a point or object. Interesting.

So am i write in reading all of this that support for the Inspire 1 will come in Version 2 of the App when it finally gets released?

icon-zipline.png

Gold!

Very impressed...good work, thank you.

Just need to wait for the release of the beta :)

the orbit footage is confusing.
In the first two clips during the Orbit segment, both drones were using Autopilot to Orbit around the flag. In the third Orbit clip, the chase drone was flown manually to get a wider perspective, but the first drone was still circling the flag. The winds were gusting to about 30 mph yesterday, so both drones were struggling to make "perfect" circles, but this is expected given that I was flying outside of the recommended flight envelope. Apologies for causing any confusion, I just didn't want to wait for a calm day to give you guys an update.

So am i write in reading all of this that support for the Inspire 1 will come in Version 2 of the App when it finally gets released?
Yes

Hey Autoflight Logic!

Nice work!! Cant wait to try it out!!

I have one question though... The option that specially interests me is the "continuous photos" one, what is the maximum image rate available? In the DJI Pilot app timelapse mode only allows to go as "fast" as 1 image each 5 secs. Did you manage to get 1 image each 3 secs? each 2? one image per second?

I hope thats possible, it would make a huge difference for me.

Besides that, congrats for such a great job!
I don't know if DJI is slowing down your MFI process because of their agenda, but you should be already approved by now! Keep up the good job! :)

Guys is it possible to make the camera work smoother?? I see some lags during orbit or follow..

Raw or JPEG?
We were testing with JPEG - haven't tried Raw at that rate yet.

Guys is it possible to make the camera work smoother?? I see some lags during orbit or follow..
Camera smoothness and lag are too separate but related issues. We created settings to fine-tune both the gimbal pitch and yaw behavior called Pitch Sensitivity and Yaw Sensitivity. The idea is that the lower the setting, the more reactive (less laggy) the camera motion will be relative to the object changing position in the frame, but at the cost of smoothness in terms of the camera moving too often and then potentially having to over-correct back to where it was.

Nice fireworks. When it orbit is the camera controlled manually and the bird just fly the path?

Have the beta been released?
Still nothing from DJI.

is the camera controlled manually and the bird just fly the path?
You can have Autopilot fly the aircraft while you control the gimbal, or you can have Autopilot do both. During the fireworks Autopilot was flying while I was controlling the gimbal.

Reactions: Ascender
Would be great to show this app with a human being taking us through the process...I know that is a lot of work, but it would really be helpful. Hopefully, when this becomes available more detail about how it really works will become available. This would really be a great addition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsmithp486