Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Would be great to show this app with a human being taking us through the process.
It is coming, it just takes a lot of work, as you say.

@Autoflight Logic
Could please illustrate for us the costing of the app
The app is going to stay the same price that it currently is: $19.99. Any existing user will get the new functionality as a free upgrade, and the mode upgrades for Orbit, Zip Line, and Mimic will continue to cost $4.99. We are adding 5 free trial flights to the upgradable Modes, however.

this is probably a stupid question but how does your phone stay connected to the phantom ? does it have to be plugged into the remote control at all times or can you have it uplugged to use the follow me feature etc , wouldn't mind just carrying around my phone but not keen on carrying around the controller too ?

Regarding the whole follow me feature, am I being narrow minded in thinking surely the main reason people want the follow me feature is to follow a 3rd person not the pilot/rc for example a mountain biker

or am I completely misunderstanding how it works?

Regarding the whole follow me feature, am I being narrow minded in thinking surely the main reason people want the follow me feature is to follow a 3rd person not the pilot/rc for example a mountain biker

or am I completely misunderstanding how it works?
I share your concern. I'm also not clear on whether the external GPS receiver would free you from a wired connection to the RC.

the main reason people want the follow me feature is to follow a 3rd person not the pilot/rc for example a mountain biker
This is one of many reasons people might want to use Autopilot, but there are certain things that are not under our control. DJI decided to require that the iOS device be connected directly to the RC at all times (for the P3 and I1) in order for the app to send flight control commands via the SDK. This is also how their Pilot app works.

I'm also not clear on whether the external GPS receiver would free you from a wired connection to the RC.
The external GPS unit does not remove the requirement for the iOS device to be connected to the RC. What it does enable is for the operator to remain stationary while the subject moves about with the GPS receiver. Our testing shows that the maximum radius of this movement is somewhere between 200-250ft with the XGPS150A in a direct, line-of-sight scenario.

This is one of many reasons people might want to use Autopilot, but there are certain things that are not under our control. DJI decided to require that the iOS device be connected directly to the RC at all times (for the P3 and I1) in order for the app to send flight control commands via the SDK. This is also how their Pilot app works.

The external GPS unit does not remove the requirement for the iOS device to be connected to the RC. What it does enable is for the operator to remain stationary while the subject moves about with the GPS receiver. Our testing shows that the maximum radius of this movement is somewhere between 200-250ft with the XGPS150A in a direct, line-of-sight scenario.

That's actually a pretty good range. I cant wait to hide my RC/GPS on my motorbike and try some follow function :p Is there any other GPS which you tried or only this one?? I want to order one so I can try it as soon as the beta is approved

Just got this from DJI:

Status of MFI application is “under review”. We’re doing all we can to push this through quickly and apologize for the inconvenience this has created for your beta testers. Someone from the team is calling Apple today.

Doesn't mean much in reality really does it?, thats not a dig at you but it's just a cop out response from DJI

I find it curious that you have been pushed back so long, and DJI just started their Beta testing for their next FW upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi