Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
@damoncooper
Isn't it recommended to use early firmware on the I1, as is the case on P3 (newer firmware added a lot of problems and decreased the speed in GPS)...

That's what I thought but real world testing has shown otherwise.

However....(huge caveat here..read on):

Keep in mind I have a modified radio and one of the worlds largest antenna arrays boosted with dual 3W Sunhans. I had full telemetry and HD video bars to 5 miles and turned around only out of caution as I'd hit 60% battery. Nothing DJI can do will probably impact my distance with this setup.

500f6f83d8c7292c28dd9ba8b07c2f24.jpg

That's what I thought but real world testing has shown otherwise.

However....(huge caveat here..read on):

Keep in mind I have a modified radio and one of the worlds largest antenna arrays boosted with dual 3W Sunhans. I had full telemetry and HD video bars to 5 miles and turned around only out of caution as I'd hit 60% battery. Nothing DJI can do will probably impact my distance with this setup.

500f6f83d8c7292c28dd9ba8b07c2f24.jpg

Do you get a lot of questions with that setup?

Do you get a lot of questions with that setup?

I only fly it in remote unpopulated areas, so no. If I flew this around people I'm sure it would be a non-stop question zone.

For aerial photography and video flights I fly a nice compact 3rd party antenna for my Pro + X5R.

Last edited:
I only fly it in remote unpopulated areas, so no. If I flew this around people I'm sure it would be a non-stop question zone.

For aerial photography and video flights I fly a nice compact 3rd party antenna for my Pro + X5R.
Damon, it's a real monster antenna!!
Can you please go In details about this equipment components price and config.
So you stay at home by sanding your bird 5 mails or maybe more, without any feer to lose (almost )
Very challenging interesting,
I want the same sys.

For you Damon, the sky is not the limit , lol:D

Damon, that is badass. I would love to be next to you on one of these runs. Unfortunately, I would be standing in the non-stop question zone so you wouldn't be getting much accomplished on that day. :)

I'm very curious to see what kind of times you get with the Multistar 8000, especially since you are rolling a V1 with your long range tests. This would be a very similar setup to my own. I roll a V1 (with my X5 and sometimes with my X3) and have never done a hover test so your constant flying with the long range would be similar to my own tests.

I have removed my VPS to get the 6600 closer to the center of gravity, but it is still obvious on takeoff that my Inspire is rear heavy. It levels out in the air, but you can easily tell the rear motors must work harder on takeoff and most likely the entire time it is in the air. I thought about the 8000 but was scared that it would overload the rear motors. I'll be very curious to see how well your V1 handles the 8000

Reactions: damoncooper
canny believe the size of the batteries some of you guys are hanging from the inspire, seems mad to me it must affect the way it flies quite a bit?

The antenna is the Horizon Terminator Extreme, with tripod mount, 2 x 3W Sunhans amplifiers and a standard camera tripod. Cost for the antennas is about $250.

Damon, that is badass. I would love to be next to you on one of these runs. Unfortunately, I would be standing in the non-stop question zone so you wouldn't be getting much accomplished on that day. :)

I'm very curious to see what kind of times you get with the Multistar 8000, especially since you are rolling a V1 with your long range tests. This would be a very similar setup to my own. I roll a V1 (with my X5 and sometimes with my X3) and have never done a hover test so your constant flying with the long range would be similar to my own tests.

I have removed my VPS to get the 6600 closer to the center of gravity, but it is still obvious on takeoff that my Inspire is rear heavy. It levels out in the air, but you can easily tell the rear motors must work harder on takeoff and most likely the entire time it is in the air. I thought about the 8000 but was scared that it would overload the rear motors. I'll be very curious to see how well your V1 handles the 8000

I'll let you know, yeah. One thing's for sure: flying isn't hovering.

Btw I obviously have nothing to do with that company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damon what's your opinion on this mod? I haven't been able find specs in the power of the boost.

Advanced Kit for Phantom 3 & Inspire - FPVLR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a known popular kit yeah. It's slightly more directional I understand than the panels like DBS/Itelite, MAXX and Horizon Terminator but very good. All the ones I just mentioned are very good too.

Reactions: DamesNY
Here's my results from the maiden flights with the MultiStar 6600mAh LiHv. All flight in GPS mode with TB48s.

Flight 1 - 27m 10s down to 20% when motors were disarmed. 50% hovering 50% light flying.
DJI battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.75 3.75 3.74 3.75 3.74 3.74
MultiStar battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.69 across the board

Flight 2 - 17m 46s down to 50% when motors were disarmed. 25% hovering 75% aggressive flying. MultiStar battery cells after flight:
DJI battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.86 across the board
MultiStar battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.82 3.82 3.82 3.83 3.82 3.81

Quite impressed with the agility and speed of the I1 even with the extra battery, for normal video/photo flying, I can't really tell the difference in handling. With the extra battery, the bird can fly full throttle without voltage drop.

Here's my results from the maiden flights with the MultiStar 6600mAh LiHv. All flight in GPS mode with TB48s.

Flight 1 - 27m 10s down to 20% when motors were disarmed. 50% hovering 50% light flying.
DJI battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.75 3.75 3.74 3.75 3.74 3.74
MultiStar battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.69 across the board

Flight 2 - 17m 46s down to 50% when motors were disarmed. 25% hovering 75% aggressive flying. MultiStar battery cells after flight:
DJI battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.86 across the board
MultiStar battery cells voltage after flight and cooldown: 3.82 3.82 3.82 3.83 3.82 3.81

Quite impressed with the agility and speed of the I1 even with the extra battery, for normal video/photo flying, I can't really tell the difference in handling. With the extra battery, the bird can fly full throttle without voltage drop.
Thanks for the feedback. Can you pls show how you mounted the aux batt exactly ?

Damon, flown the 8000 yet ?

Thanks for the feedback. Can you pls show how you mounted the aux batt exactly ?

Damon, flown the 8000 yet ?

Hopefully today. The reason I'm hopeful about the 8000 is a friend went 12.5 miles out on it + TB48 with an M100. We have the same motors, but of course the I1 is heavier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ai900exam