Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera/Video Feed Shake

Reaction score
Hello, I have noticed recently that the video feed and believe to be the camera shakes which also shows in video recording which first got my attention. I had to replace the front shock absorber balls, and the first two flights with them had no shake but after that the shaking start. I know it is the not the camera/gimbal since I use my X3 on an Osmo Handle and it does not shake. Pictures included visualizing the problem. Any recommendations?

image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image1.JPG

Hello, I have noticed recently that the video feed and believe to be the camera shakes which also shows in video recording which first got my attention. I had to replace the front shock absorber balls, and the first two flights with them had no shake but after that the shaking start. I know it is the not the camera/gimbal since I use my X3 on an Osmo Handle and it does not shake. Pictures included visualizing the problem. Any recommendations?

View attachment 16092 View attachment 16093 View attachment 16094 View attachment 16095 View attachment 16096
Any play in the arms? Your props balanced? How are the bearings in the motors?

Those cam mount dampeners look different than the stocks. What's up with those? I agree with Scooby. It's hard to tell from the pics but the view from the bottom makes the body appear misaligned.

Those cam mount dampeners look different than the stocks. What's up with those? I agree with Scooby. It's hard to tell from the pics but the view from the bottom makes the body appear misaligned.
They are different. Not sure if he’s saying he had the problem then changed them and it was ok for 2 flights or if he changed them then started to have the problems.

They are different. Not sure if he’s saying he had the problem then changed them and it was ok for 2 flights or if he changed them then started to have the problems.
I used those dampers for the two flights that did not have the difficulty, then after those two flights, the video feed started to shake.

I used those dampers for the two flights that did not have the difficulty, then after those two flights, the video feed started to shake.
How much play if any are in the arm T joints? That’s usually the first place to check when getting a vibration that shows up in video .

How much play if any are in the arm T joints? That’s usually the first place to check when getting a vibration that shows up in video .
To be honest with you can probably tell, I am not fully knowledgeable on my Inspire yet as it is a new addition to my fleet. How would I see and correct play in the T-joint?

The T joint is the joint that holds the carbon shaft that the motors are attached to ,to the main beam that goes to the bird. You can check play in it by removing the bolt from the angle pitch bar (little carbon fiber rod ) and move it side to side and see how much play is there . They may be a little play there, if there is a very little amount of play then it’s ok, if there is a lot of play the t joint needs to be shimmed.

The T joint is the joint that holds the carbon shaft that the motors are attached to ,to the main beam that goes to the bird. You can check play in it by removing the bolt from the angle pitch bar (little carbon fiber rod ) and move it side to side and see how much play is there . They may be a little play there, if there is a very little amount of play then it’s ok, if there is a lot of play the t joint needs to be shimmed.
The right arm (when looking from the back of the bird) has more play than the left which has little play. How would I shim the arm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44