Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Controller USB Replacement

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my inspire since it launched and just bought a second one as a spare. The USB port was a little tight and the plastic retainer for the pins snapped off. In the process of trying to repair it i fear i used too much glue and the pins are no longer contacting where they need to be.

I've seen the posts about the HDMI module replacement but my question is : is there not a generic usb port we can buy to re-solder onto the board as it looks like a pretty basic component. I don't want to be forking out 70 quid for a new board when its just the usb part that had gone.

Has anyone managed to do this?

it is easy to do , i just did my P4 remote, check you-tube they lots of videos on it
I have looked Jim but just can't find anything. Only think i can find is the board replacement for the controller and not the usb part only removal and re-solder

The issue is not the usb port, i have replaced them and it doesnt solve anything.

It's the circuitry within the actual hdmi board. Just buy a replacement and it will be up and running again.
The failure is not caused by the USB port. If it is a poor connection, the playing with the cable or bending the port slightly will resume normal operation.

If board is fully dead then its the board.

If you want to just swap the usb port, any generic port will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP