Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

EASA about to fu** things up... WARNING!!

People please view and respond accordingly before we all get royally fu&*ed!!
:mad::mad::mad::(
This has been around for a while now.
My own personal view is by the time EASA actually can get agreement between themselves and member states and all the arguing backwards and forwards has occured we will actually be out of Europe and the CAA will take a far more pragmatic approach and view.
Article 50 is now slated for March next year with exit by 2019.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Brussels were still arguing about what to call the new regulations let alone what's contained in them. - We are talking EuroMP cretins here.

What I DO think will happen is there will be a tightening of regs for non PFAW/PfCO holders (maybe limits to 150m) but the regs for commercially trained operators will remain pretty much as they are.
I'm sure transponders will become the norm but don't forget ATC will have to integrate all these pesky UAV's into the NAS. Couple that with the likes of Amazon and DHL activity which will all need regulating and I believe we will be clear of meddling Brussels by the time the 'You can't sell straight bananas' brigade has control.
Only my opinion but the CAA has previously shown great common sense in our UAV laws and the Air Navigation Order.

Reactions: MrTVR
MMm. Agree that this is not new and that the whole thing will take years and by that time UAVs will be called something else.
Disagree on the european side. CAA(local NAA) can do anything re: UAVs irrespective of European legislation. It will make no difference even if we Brexit.

....although thinking Canada is the place to be, hear the regs are less strict so I can use my stick without the fun police busting my balls!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope Canada is overly regulated and without a Special Flight Operations Certificate you can only fly recreational if you are 5 miles from multi building areas or roads or railroads or hi ways. 9 miles from any airstrip
..so really no where legally without Liability insurance and an SFOC. And anyone who says it is different if you are less than 2KG had not read all of the exemption regulations. There is no legal recreation flying anywhere but a remote farm. My suggestion is have every UAV (less than 5KG) flyer get online information tested and then get a flight test with their drone and get "license" abiding by all the rules for recreation or business. And have the license include the liability for $250,000 so public is safe.

Nope Canada is overly regulated and without a Special Flight Operations Certificate you can only fly recreational if you are 5 miles from multi building areas or roads or railroads or hi ways. 9 miles from any airstrip
..so really no where legally without Liability insurance and an SFOC. And anyone who says it is different if you are less than 2KG had not read all of the exemption regulations. There is no legal recreation flying anywhere but a remote farm. My suggestion is have every UAV (less than 5KG) flyer get online information tested and then get a flight test with their drone and get "license" abiding by all the rules for recreation or business. And have the license include the liability for $250,000 so public is safe.
Thanks KR worth noting, I think I'm going to have to buy an Island at this rate...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa