Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Extreme FLICKER in INSPIRE 1 4k footage

Reaction score
Hi everyone, DJI support is saying 'we don't see the flicker', can you watch the UNLISTED youtube link below and tell me if you see a flicker?

8 people at my office can see it.

This was filmed manual mode, 4k, the clip was not compressed in any way before posting

Is this the standard of footage I should expect? It is simply not useable

UNLISTED YOUTUBE LINK BELOW - Flicker Footage

What I see most is the ugly youtube compression... Any way to post the original file?

grass is one of the toughest things to record, lots of detail, and when you have cloud shadows moving on the grass its a lot for a camera, plus the forward motion of the camera,I have some similar footage.
i think we are seeing the limits of the camera, but it looks like it was shot in auto. you might get better results in manual mode with a 180deg shutter log color, -2 color, -2 contrast.

Just downloaded and watedch it. I can see in thru the entire video, its at its worse from 18 to 20 second mark

That would be the auto exposure adjusting... well exposure, in relatively big steps because the scene brightness varies a lot.
You'd indeed want to lock exposure or go full manual in such a scenario.

Maybe made more apparent by the 24p framerate too.

[/QUOTE]
Hi everyone, DJI support is saying 'we don't see the flicker', can you watch the UNLISTED youtube link below and tell me if you see a flicker?

8 people at my office can see it.

This was filmed manual mode, 4k, the clip was not compressed in any way before posting

Is this the standard of footage I should expect? It is simply not useable

It s by the limitation of the camera systeem (codec). if you lower the speed of movement the footage will be much better.

How/where do you guys adjust the shutter angle on the camera? Are you just setting the shutter speed to 1/50th?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you tried with a nd filter?
Yes in fact I got the hole collection of ND 8,16,32,64 in my tests I ended using the ND16 to get the shutter at 50 and with 25fps problem persists

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg