Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Finally... after 5-6 weeks, I hear back from DJI!

Reaction score
So, because of my cockiness in flying in attitude, I slid backwards into a tree. DJI has had my inspire for about a month and a half.

I finally received an email stating my bill was going to be 1053 bucks (along the lines of what I thought it should be which IMO was reasonable since just a camera was 550 bucks)

Hopefully I'll get it back within the next 2-3 weeks. Been flying the crap out of my Phantom though!!

Mark

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I'm in the same boat..but still waiting for the dreaded email with my total fro repairs.
Can you tell us what you broke on your i1?

I'm in the same boat..but still waiting for the dreaded email with my total fro repairs.
Can you tell us what you broke on your i1?

Mostly my ego....LOL.

I broke the camera and if I remember, the gimbal, (though it may have been spared, I'm pretty sure gimbal itself was okay, the harness was damaged)

I was going to wait until the parts were available and replace it myself but I may have damaged the spiraled shaft that lifts the landing gear because whenever I made the landing gear go up, the unit vibrated.

Surprisingly enough, the bill was rather reasonable. The labor was 65 per hour which I thought was reasonable. I have attached a copy of the invoice.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.20.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.20.08 AM.png
    520 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: turbodronepilot
Mostly my ego....LOL.

I broke the camera and if I remember, the gimbal, (though it may have been spared, I'm pretty sure gimbal itself was okay, the harness was damaged)

I was going to wait until the parts were available and replace it myself but I may have damaged the spiraled shaft that lifts the landing gear because whenever I made the landing gear go up, the unit vibrated.

Surprisingly enough, the bill was rather reasonable. The labor was 65 per hour which I thought was reasonable. I have attached a copy of the invoice.
I wish for your lady a speedy recovery!

Reactions: Mark Mahoney
Hopefully won't be too much longer :)

Sirnikolas,

I just checked out the video in your signature. That is CRAZY!! I saw some posts saying it was fake, blah, blah, blah.... even if the video was sped up, that guy has some crazy skills. For those that have only flown DJI products, a 250 quad with manual mode or attitude mode is waaay harder to fly than any phantom or Inspire. Wow, just wow....

Reactions: sirnikolas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84