Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware V01.02.0600

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently updated to the latest firmware V01.02.0600 and now having issues flying into the wind. I recieve this message "Battery power limit will automatically reduce the aircraft's mobility to ensure flight safety."

This causes the drone to slow down significantly and in some cases it won't even fly forward / against the wind, like its not even trying to fly against it.

So - Does anyone know how to get around this problem? What firmware seems to be the best?

Thanks,

Which drone? There are several in the Inspire family. You posted this under "General Discussion."

D

Which drone? There are several in the Inspire family. You posted this under "General Discussion."

D
Hello,

I recently updated to the latest firmware V01.02.0600 and now having issues flying into the wind. I recieve this message "Battery power limit will automatically reduce the aircraft's mobility to ensure flight safety."

This causes the drone to slow down significantly and in some cases it won't even fly forward / against the wind, like its not even trying to fly against it.

So - Does anyone know how to get around this problem? What firmware seems to be the best?

Thanks,
I have had the same issue recently. It is extremely dangerous as in medium to strong winds I can’t get the drone back home as it sometimes reduces power and flies slower than the wind speed. DJI need to fix this as it’s only a matter of time before an accident occurs. I’ve already had two close calls. One tip is to make sure to point the drone into the wind to reduce the sail effect. Moving sideways into the wind will be harder than forward. Another tip is to set the rth to a higher percentage to give you more reserve battery should you need it to return home. Hopefully DJI will enable some kind of override for emergency situations. I haven’t tried a true auto RTH, I wonder if during a RTH the software overrides the power reduction and gets you home. If anyone has tried that I am interested to find out.

This is a well documented issue. DJI will never ‘fix’ this. They consider it a feature and means to reduce their liability. The only true solution is to revert to an earlier firmware.

This is a well documented issue. DJI will never ‘fix’ this. They consider it a feature and means to reduce their liability. The only true solution is to revert to an earlier firmware.
Hello,

Thanks,
So you can fix this if you have a parameter editor like the well documented dji hack to open their editor or a no limits drones license and use their parameter editor to change these 3 parameters:

“raw_bat_level_2|g_config_voltage_level_2_protect” needs to be set to minimum “3500”

“raw_bat_level_1|g_config_voltage_level_1_protect” needs to be set to minimum “3600”

“max_bat_power” needs to be changed from “1600” to “3200”

I was flying an inspire 2 to follow racehorses and on long races or into a headwind of 10mph or more it would trigger this “protection” all the time rendering the inspire useless for this job until I figured out these mods. I have never triggered this protection problem since making these changes.
I posted this info on the dji forum 2 years ago and i don’t think anyone has ever actually tried it except for a few people I know personally.

So you can fix this if you have a parameter editor like the well documented dji hack to open their editor or a no limits drones license and use their parameter editor to change these 3 parameters:

“raw_bat_level_2|g_config_voltage_level_2_protect” needs to be set to minimum “3500”

“raw_bat_level_1|g_config_voltage_level_1_protect” needs to be set to minimum “3600”

I was flying an inspire 2 to follow racehorses and on long races or into a headwind of 10mph or more it would trigger this “protection” all the time rendering the inspire useless for this job until I figured out these mods. I have never triggered this protection problem since making these changes.
I posted this info on the dji forum 2 years ago and i don’t think anyone has ever actually tried it except for a few people I know personally.
Thanks. Is there anywhere that has detailed instructions how to do this and where to get the parameter editor?

@ inspire2user: Thanks for that info. I found the free editor at drone-hacks.com and am going to give this a try. It seems simple enough to do. I am curious though about those parameters, do you have any information on what they are doing and what the numbers relate to? Also are the first two parameters for each of the two batteries (left and right) and if so why is one at 3500 and the other 3600? Any info is much appreciated.

@ inspire2user: Thanks for that info. I found the free editor at drone-hacks.com and am going to give this a try. It seems simple enough to do. I am curious though about those parameters, do you have any information on what they are doing and what the numbers relate to? Also are the first two parameters for each of the two batteries (left and right) and if so why is one at 3500 and the other 3600? Any info is much appreciated.
These numbers relate to 2 different levels of protection - one is "Warning" and other "Forced landing", I think. They apply to both left and right battery.

These numbers relate to 2 different levels of protection - one is "Warning" and other "Forced landing", I think. They apply to both left and right battery.
Interesting, thanks for the information. I did the hack a few weeks ago and did a test flight, the low battery warning seemed to be at the same amount of discharge as before. I believe those warning levels can be adjusted in the Go4 app. I’m not seeing how changing the warning and forced landing parameters would prevent the reduced power that we are experiencing during high load conditions. I have experienced the reduced power problem with batteries still with half charge. Is it the 3rd line, the max_bat_power parameter that would prevent the reduced power problem we have discussed?

Interesting, thanks for the information. I did the hack a few weeks ago and did a test flight, the low battery warning seemed to be at the same amount of discharge as before. I believe those warning levels can be adjusted in the Go4 app. I’m not seeing how changing the warning and forced landing parameters would prevent the reduced power that we are experiencing during high load conditions. I have experienced the reduced power problem with batteries still with half charge. Is it the 3rd line, the max_bat_power parameter that would prevent the reduced power problem we have discussed?
These protections work in parallel and do not always overlap, also they depend to some extent on age and health of particular TB50

"max_bat_power" is definitely one to look at especially when you're flying against wind or in other demanding situations, but these level_x numbers are also important - you may have high enough capacity %, but if cells are falling under 3.6 (3.5) then this may also trigger landing/warning ..

Also very important thing - removing these protections will highly increase chances that you will damage your TB50, these protections are there for a reason - cells inside TB50 do not have high discharge rate. And that's why we developed caddies to support standard LiPo's :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230828_173544.jpg
    IMG_20230828_173544.jpg
    928.3 KB · Views: 4
These protections work in parallel and do not always overlap, also they depend to some extent on age and health of particular TB50

"max_bat_power" is definitely one to look at especially when you're flying against wind or in other demanding situations, but these level_x numbers are also important - you may have high enough capacity %, but if cells are falling under 3.6 (3.5) then this may also trigger landing/warning ..

Also very important thing - removing these protections will highly increase chances that you will damage your TB50, these protections are there for a reason - cells inside TB50 do not have high discharge rate. And that's why we developed caddies to support standard LiPo's :)
Thanks again Krona, that all makes good sense. My next move is to look at your caddies and see if that's an option for me. The high price of replacing TB50s kills me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido