Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.4.0.10 - 7th Sept 2015 Released

Flew my Xenomorph this morning with all 7 batteries.

Rock'n Roll solid!

No glitches, no anomaly to the AC.

I did have a "disconnect" event but came back on after 5 seconds and I still had full control of the AC.

Flew it father than I had anticipated and video was just outstanding.

Only other drama was not the AC's fault or mine but the pucker factor is when I let the waypoint took over the craft to its first location. which was 10' away from me and when I completed the route it was 20 feet away.

Once it engaged it swung back rapidly towards me and a fear came down on me that it would hit the trees behind me. Fortunately it stop where it supposed to on waypoint 1. After that it was all smiles.

Good Job. DJI

superheroes-dance-Marvel-fandoms-1271246.gif

200.gif

geek-dance-gif.gif
Newbie here...What does AC stand for?

Updated AC to 1.4 and tried it out for the first time today, awesome results and it did what it was designed to do. Mostly user error because I didn't fully read up on how to use the new intelligent flight features. I just planned on using the onscreen instructions. I did have an issue with the DJI Go app shutting down on me during normal P mode, still had control of the AC despite no onscreen data to fly with landed safely. My suggestion like many others, use common sense when testing the firmware out (line of site) until you know AC, RC and app all works well. Made sure the app is updated again, reboot the tablet, and all is well now. Safe flying to all, and enjoy the new features.

Now does anyone understand why I said this??? Now I understand why DJI has some of the policies .....................................................................................I think most of the problems are people not reading and following instructions. I'm about as tech savvy as my 8 year old Grandson but I can read and follow DJI's instructions. If you start reading from the beginning if you have a new Bird it will help you in knowing and understanding it. Not criticizing anyone!!

If you can 1500m with no video or signal loss then that's not bad. However if video is breaking up then that's bad! I will try with and without my parabolic range booster. So far reports have been excellent, with one reporting 10,000 feet and only 5,000 without it.

Now does anyone understand why I said this??? Now I understand why DJI has some of the policies .....................................................................................I think most of the problems are people not reading and following instructions. I'm about as tech savvy as my 8 year old Grandson but I can read and follow DJI's instructions. If you start reading from the beginning if you have a new Bird it will help you in knowing and understanding it. Not criticizing anyone!!
I would pat yourself on the back one more time for good measure that you didn't have any problems updating! Now if you are all done praising yourself maybe the people that aren't so lucky can get some actual help! :rolleyes:
Not criticizing anyone!! :p

Those might work well but as an owner of other DJI products using the 2.4 ground station, the "waypoints" option is rubbish compared to G/S. With waypoints on Inspire you have to fly to EACH waypoint and hit record then move to next waypoint and record it. After recording 9 waypoints, I sent it on designated mission route. Results were garbage, Inspire flew sideways, cut corners and was sloppiest flight ever. Hope DJI works out the bugs.
I agree that there is a lot lacking in the waypoints feature, but the inspire doesn't fly sideways unless you tell it to. You can pick the direction of the Inspire through the waypoint flight. You get to pick Point Forward, Point the direction you flew, or free. No matter what you pick you can also change the way the Inspire is pointed throughout the flight at will. I'd say it's a good start.

I was also disapointed to see that you couldn't add waypoint manually on the map.

Flew my Xenomorph this morning with all 7 batteries.

Rock'n Roll solid!

No glitches, no anomaly to the AC.

I did have a "disconnect" event but came back on after 5 seconds and I still had full control of the AC.

Flew it father than I had anticipated and video was just outstanding.

Only other drama was not the AC's fault or mine but the pucker factor is when I let the waypoint took over the craft to its first location. which was 10' away from me and when I completed the route it was 20 feet away.

Once it engaged it swung back rapidly towards me and a fear came down on me that it would hit the trees behind me. Fortunately it stop where it supposed to on waypoint 1. After that it was all smiles.

Good Job. DJI

superheroes-dance-Marvel-fandoms-1271246.gif

200.gif

geek-dance-gif.gif

That just reminds me of how I dance at weddings:D

OK. fw is up to date on Inspire. Im switching to my other 5 batteries but I dont hear anything updating the batteries. Is this supposed to update the batteries to? Im getting an error in overall status that says battery upgrade requierd. But I have restarted the bird with all the batteries and no upgrade. Did the way of upgrading the batteries changed?? or Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Although I like the fact the new firmware has auto features- after downloading them and testing them I have not used them any where near the amount I thought I would use them.
I found the job I was on today did not warrant them and I actually just used old skool brain/motor skills!!
Thinking about it afterwards it was probably because thats what I always do/have done in the past.
Lame reason though- just not totally sold on the auto features.Yet......
To be objective the terrain did not really lend itself to auto flight.
Still appreciate the fact we have auto"tools" if the job warrants it!!

Reactions: Scotflieger
OK. fw is up to date on Inspire. Im switching to my other 5 batteries but I dont hear anything updating the batteries. Is this supposed to update the batteries to? Im getting an error in overall status that says battery upgrade requierd. But I have restarted the bird with all the batteries and no upgrade. Did the way of upgrading the batteries changed?? or Am I doing something wrong?
You must have updated your bird with the 1 3 0 00 ...2015 08 04 The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0.10 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.0.00 to update the firmware to v1.3.0.00 before updating the aircraft.

Installed FW version 1.4.0.10, took 6 min. 55 seconds. Flies as usual. However, while using the new modes; home lock, POI and Way Points - when using the stick to implement power the craft acts very "jerky" as in the implement curve of my stick moves seems near vertical, very nervous aircraft. Note - when using the data entered automated speed with these modes they work perfectly. She only gets tenuous when I try to run the speed from the stick. Also - hopefully the Way Point system gets updates soon. I echo anyone who stated the Ground Station version is way better. No obvious way to get the Way Point flight to "loop", no control over what the craft does when it reaches a given way point, the naming scheme when you save a way point is a bit confusing when trying to re-load said way point…. I could go on. Needs work.

Installed FW version 1.4.0.10, took 6 min. 55 seconds. Flies as usual. However, while using the new modes; home lock, POI and Way Points - when using the stick to implement power the craft acts very "jerky" as in the implement curve of my stick moves seems near vertical, very nervous aircraft. Note - when using the data entered automated speed with these modes they work perfectly. She only gets tenuous when I try to run the speed from the stick. Also - hopefully the Way Point system gets updates soon. I echo anyone who stated the Ground Station version is way better. No obvious way to get the Way Point flight to "loop", no control over what the craft does when it reaches a given way point, the naming scheme when you save a way point is a bit confusing when trying to re-load said way point…. I could go on. Needs work.
I suggest you read instructions until you understand everything about them. Check I M U, did you install the 1.3.0.00, Set R C switch to F?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide