Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.4.0.10 - 7th Sept 2015 Released

3523-df9fcb54a9e73e7e2d756865967cbede.jpg
IMG_7690.JPG

Hey All. Sorry to sound dull but I've not updated any firmware on my inspire 1, the RC or the app in the past few months since getting it as I've been studying for my CAA Permission to fly in the UK; and as anyone who has done it knows; you have to write an ops manual based on the software etc and I didn't want to keep changing the ops manual. Also I wanted to used firmware for the practical based on the fact I trusted it all! Anyway, I have recently passed my practical and I'd love to upgrade - can anyone point me in the direction of how to upgrade everything. I don't want to risk problems but would love to update the RC, UAV and ipad etc. Many thanks indeed!

Hey All. Sorry to sound dull but I've not updated any firmware on my inspire 1, the RC or the app in the past few months since getting it as I've been studying for my CAA Permission to fly in the UK; and as anyone who has done it knows; you have to write an ops manual based on the software etc and I didn't want to keep changing the ops manual. Also I wanted to used firmware for the practical based on the fact I trusted it all! Anyway, I have recently passed my practical and I'd love to upgrade - can anyone point me in the direction of how to upgrade everything. I don't want to risk problems but would love to update the RC, UAV and ipad etc. Many thanks indeed!
If you need any Android app or firmware I can send this

Trying to update firmware on aircraft, but it's not doing the d-d-d-d. I live in a no-fly zone. Is it possible that the ac will not update in a NFZ?

Reactions: Dr_Dooms
Had an interesting update... I got the long beep of death about 21 mins into the update.
Log file said failed and to reboot AC and try again.
Did that, but nothing happened (had a minor heart tremor thinking it's bricked).
Checked txt file and said abort, firmware was the same or older...
Connected to RC and App said everything is up to date... PHEW!

Is anyone else having frequent compass errors after firmware update to 1.4? Numerous compass calibrations did not help

Gawd **** it!

I am sick and tired of DJI's wacky firmware upgrade.

I will never get over this kind of abuse.

All seems fine as always but I keep getting sh*tty update results.

Here is the latest one.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Ha Ha Ha go suck my props you bastid! Go ahead and build that X4. See if I care. You Suck! BTW Taylor Swift said she was not on the pill! Ha Ha Ha!!!

Last edited:
Trying to update firmware on aircraft, but it's not doing the d-d-d-d. I live in a no-fly zone. Is it possible that the ac will not update in a NFZ?

Interesting result. The bird updated, but never made any sounds/beeps. Don't know if its related to being in a NFZ or not.

Do you need to use a sd card to do the upgrade the firmware or is it done through the app??
Also I didn't install the previous firmware so do I have to install it before i install 1.4??

Reactions: Clampit
I'm still on Firmware v1.2.1.06

Me too, I'm sticking with you, Sirnik.......also on old pilot app. My bird flies fine, don't NEED all these fancy features (although they would be cool) I'll wait until everything can be updated including the RC (via the app) not going to take the chance of frying the USB port on the RC.

If I was you Turbo, and you didn't update to 1.3, I'd wait, just my nickel.

Do you need to use a sd card to do the upgrade the firmware or is it done through the app??
Also I didn't install the previous firmware so do I have to install it before i install 1.4??

As I understand it (could be wrong) you'll do the update via SD card for the AC. The RC (is the one that will be done via the app) will still need 1.3 and SD card/USB stick. I'll sit this one out too....

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Updated and tested. All went smooth, and the new features are great!.. Burned all my batts down and recharged, I like the fact that you can increase or decrease the radius on the POI, on the fly. ... Very nice. Course lock, and waypoints work as expected.

Reactions: DustyVisor
looks like all went well with the updates, well 99%. Can't wait to upgrade & test out the new features;)

Roll on the mid October, then I upgrade.

A lot of the questions you guys have asked has helped me out so thanks to all.;)

I just got done trying to update the Firmware and got this...
IMG_5954.JPG

I flew multiple times today without any issues. All I did was take it out of its case, download the file and start the update. Now... I have all this going on? anyone else have these issues?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla