Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.4.0.10 - 7th Sept 2015 Released

Has anyone ACTUALLY looked at the new app & can see where the new features are accessed? Please share how you access you use them.
Otherwise, it's either not enabled for inspires, or maybe another goof up, perhaps it's enabled based on timezones now....?!?! My guess is DJI is techs. are so used to excluding the Inspire from all other features they accidently forgot to INCLUDE the Inspire on this go around.

Wormwood

I have tried to install new firmware 2 times at 30 minutes and nothing is happening. Does it take longer than the 25 minuets they say it will take?
The update should take less than 5 minutes with 90 secs to update each battery. Have you checked the log .txt file? Also did you ensure that the .bin FW file is in the root directory of your MicroSD card and that there were no other .bin loaded?

Has anyone ACTUALLY looked at the new app & can see where the new features are accessed? Please share how you access you use them.
Otherwise, it's either not enabled for inspires, or maybe another goof up, perhaps it's enabled based on timezones now....?!?! My guess is DJI is techs. are so used to excluding the Inspire from all other features they accidently forgot to INCLUDE the Inspire on this go around.

Wormwood
There are 2 threads running in parallel. See my post #81 at New firmware will be released 7th September | Page 5 | DJI Inspire Forum

I have tried to install new firmware 2 times at 30 minutes and nothing is happening. Does it take longer than the 25 minuets they say it will take?

I would try detaching the camera and reattach it making sure its snug? This happened to me on the last update? First and only time it happened lol go figure?

Wormwood
Just switch your flight mode to F-Mode, your GS Features will appear on the screen and you can decide what to use.
The best way to experience the new features would be to test each one of them in simulator mode first, so you can practice and understand each manoveur.

There is a common thread with details of the new Intelligent Navigation (NI) modes at Intelligent Navigation Modes | DJI Inspire Forum. Keep this one for installation issues and other comments.

@The Editor can we change the title of this thread to something searchable and rationalise the 2 threads under news and general discussion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Clampit
Update went fine here. Have not flown yet.
Here are a few pics of what the screen looks like now
When You turn the flight switch to "F" mode you will see a new icon to the left of the GPS Mode center display.
When you touch it the panel for selections comes up.

Attachments

• DSC06359.JPG
    DSC06359.JPG
    697.7 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC06360.JPG
    DSC06360.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 125
There is a common thread with details of the new Intelligent Navigation (NI) modes at Intelligent Navigation Modes | DJI Inspire Forum. Keep this one for comments on installation issues and other comments.

@The Editor can we change the title of this thread to something searchable and rationalise the 2 threads under news and general discussion?

Thanks Scotflieger, that would be so much better;)

I tried using two iPads, one = left eye, one = right eye on both threads

Got the biggest headache I've ever had now:D

I have installed new firmware and have update my IOS....I see an opening screen for Intelligent Navigation, but then have no idea how to access these functions. I went completely through the menu on the app...flew my Inspire to make sure it was ok...seems to be fine. Does anyone know how to access these functions.? Thanks,

I have installed new firmware and have update my IOS....I see an opening screen for Intelligent Navigation, but then have no idea how to access these functions. I went completely through the menu on the app...flew my Inspire to make sure it was ok...seems to be fine. Does anyone know how to access these functions.? Thanks,
Go to this thread Intelligent Navigation Modes | DJI Inspire Forum. It helps if you use search mode to see if the information is already available.

The FW release notes say that if RC is at 1.3.20 then no RC update required.
My current RC firmware is 1.2.1.03. Aircraft successful updated to 1.4.00 and the app is 2.2 - i.e. today's upgrade. The remote are simply refusing to initiate the update. I have tried connecting via the gimbal, USB sticks, card readers, different USB cables. I have tried to load the latest firm and v1.3 but nothing will get the controllers to update.

My current RC firmware is 1.2.1.03. Aircraft successful updated to 1.4.00 and the app is 2.2 - i.e. today's upgrade. The remote are simply refusing to initiate the update. I have tried connecting via the gimbal, USB sticks, card readers, different USB cables. I have tried to load the latest firm and v1.3 but nothing will get the controllers to update.
Try this Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC | DJI Inspire Forum

This is why FW should be kept up-to-date and updates not avoided.

There is a common thread with details of the new Intelligent Navigation (NI) modes at Intelligent Navigation Modes | DJI Inspire Forum. Keep this one for installation issues and other comments.

I have made it so!

This is why I wish people would listen or at least use a modicum of common sense when creating a thread!

A title like "New Firmware Update" is useless as it is only 'New' until the next version comes along.

Can we please put a version number in these kinds of threads in future please? (I just know I have wasted valuable typing time) :rolleyes:

I have made it so!

This is why I wish people would listen or at least use a modicum of common sense when creating a thread!

A title like "New Firmware Update" is useless as it is only 'New' until the next version comes along.

Can we please put a version number in these kinds of threads in future please? (I just know I have wasted valuable typing time) :rolleyes:

No you haven't, the work you do on our behalf is worth at least an Inspire a day.

Thanks!

Just flew with the new update. Everything works great POI is pretty fun. Works great as does course lock. So far so good.
Also plane is wicked fast again. Gotta slow it down a bit...

Great news John, glad it's all working for you. It's so reassuring to hear your feedback, I can't upgrade for a month but it's nice to know when I can, all should be ok;)

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg